Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Civic gauge help!!!

Old 01-07-2004, 07:19 AM
Chubby Kids Own

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96sihatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Civic gauge help!!!

I recently bought 99-00 si gauges for my 96 civic and found out the engine temp and fuel gauge doesnt work. It seems to me like the needle is on too tight. I tried to pry it off a tiny little bit but backed off for fear of doing further damage. If any one knows how to fix this I am willing to pay or anyone has that part of the gauges laying around as well. Any help appreciated.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:29 AM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

Do not pry the needle off they will break if don't do it straight up. You might want to pull the guage out of cluster and see if you can see if it is on too tight so you can see if from a differant point of view.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Chubby Kids Own

96sihatch is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup, you can see how it is angled. You also can feel that it is way too tight. I dont know if the needle had been broken before or what. But I pulled it out gently and there was a stub of metal. Dont know jow long they are supposed to be but it didn't LOOK broken. I dont know I guess I will just have to buy that part of the gauge over.