Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Civic Fuel Pump Issues

Old 11-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam
Default Civic Fuel Pump Issues

I'm having an issue and it's a little weird. When I turn my car on, the fuel pump isn't coming on for a good 10 seconds or so after I turn the key. Anyone have any ideas as to what would cause that to happen? I'm at a loss.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

93VAHatch has disabled reputation
Default Re: Civic Fuel Pump Issues

The main relay on mine went out, it is located underneath the drivers side panel kind of behind the fuse box on most civics.
When you turn the key, it turns on the fuel pump to pretty much prime the fuel system. Mine did not fail immediately it worked some times and other times did not. Got one at a junk yard. Let me know if that sounds like your problem?
Old 11-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

"SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam

Originally Posted by 93VAHatch
The main relay on mine went out, it is located underneath the drivers side panel kind of behind the fuse box on most civics.
When you turn the key, it turns on the fuel pump to pretty much prime the fuel system. Mine did not fail immediately it worked some times and other times did not. Got one at a junk yard. Let me know if that sounds like your problem?
If it was the relay it wouldn;t be coming on at all I believe. It's coming on....just delayed....Relay was my first thought though. Any other ideas before I take my lazy ass to get one?
Old 11-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower

Test to see if there is voltage going into and coming out of the relay when you turn the you key before you go and buy another one.