Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

civic ef

Old 04-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts
Default civic ef

i just bought a civic ef i was thinking about doing a obd1 ls swap would i have any problems passing emissions if i did the swap as long as i had a cat and everything is done right and running smooth? and also is it possible to install an alarm when it has manual locks and windows im just scared somebody is going to mess with it
Old 04-02-2009, 07:09 PM
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan
Default Re: civic ef

alarm is easy(buy one for the type/options) i had a 88 civic sedan with a viper kit on it......................is the ef an SI???? go mini-me and run all obd1 elctronics....many companies make the jumpers for it and is all plug and play if it is a SI and you have the dizzy and ecu
Old 04-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

radiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 00civicman
i just bought a civic ef i was thinking about doing a obd1 ls swap would i have any problems passing emissions if i did the swap as long as i had a cat and everything is done right and running smooth? and also is it possible to install an alarm when it has manual locks and windows im just scared somebody is going to mess with it
emission crap i dont know since i live in st.mary's , md we dont have them lol . but as far as a alarm yes u can still install it with manual locks you just wont be able to lock them with a key fob . or your can find a alarm company that builds alarms like i did that offers electric solenoids to convert your doors to power locks that acuate and lock your doors when you engage the alarm, thats what i had done to my eg because i hated my manual locks.

heres a company that offers alarm kits like i was telling you about with the power door lock solenoids, they also sell the power door lock solenoids seperate to run with a diferent alarm brands . i aonly linked you to this one because i personally have this alarm but with add on features.

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/ite...ProductID=1463

Last edited by radiaki11; 04-02-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Cole89ef has disabled reputation

I passed with a CRX, SOHC ZC, on 9 pounds and I passed emmisions in Stafford.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered member

00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts

its a dx
Old 04-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Registered member

how hard was the alarm to install that converts the locks
Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Registered member

i need more power but i have emissions where i live
Old 04-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Registered Member

radiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 00civicman
how hard was the alarm to install that converts the locks
not hard at all same concept as installing door poppers for a vehicle with shaved handles . and car audio place can install it for you .
Old 04-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Registered member

yea im goin to get tha alarm thats a nice price
Old 04-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Registered member

also wat would make a car shimmy while making a right turn going around 50mph its not the axel and the lug nuts are tight