Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

civic cx fuel pump vs type R

Old 09-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007
Default civic cx fuel pump vs type R

well my cx fuel pump is starting to fail on me. sometimes it starts sometimes it doesnt. Im not sure if its a fuel pump problem, or maybe a ground or something but I believe its the original fuel pump so its like 12 years old. So I have someone offering me a typeR fuel pump since he went with a walbro. I have a b18c swap so Im just wondering if I should buy that pump from him or get a stock pump or a gsr pump. What do you guys say? how much should I offer him for the pump?

also a performance question: I have intake, header, hi flo cat, cat back exh. port and polished head and aftermarket clutch and flywheel. Im trying to figure out whats next. friends tell me I need a fuel pressure regulator, others say a chip, some people tell me vafc. Im not sure, what do you guys think?
oh, hi comp piston arent a good idea right now cause Im undecided on possibly going turbo.
Thanks!!!
Old 09-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey
Default Re: civic cx fuel pump vs type R

I would check the main relay under the drivers side of the dash, Honda's are notoriuos for them going bad. Usually it wont want to start in hot weather. When it wont start, listen for the fuel pump running. If it's not, you might want to start there,
Old 09-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007

Originally Posted by Siextreme
I would check the main relay under the drivers side of the dash, Honda's are notoriuos for them going bad. Usually it wont want to start in hot weather. When it wont start, listen for the fuel pump running. If it's not, you might want to start there,
Hot weather in Puerto Rico??? Nahhhhh!! hehehe, j/k
that sounds like it must be it. cause thats exactly what I noticed, I wouldnt hear it so I would just keep turning the key off and on until I hear it start.

So how do I check/fix/replace the relay?
thanks!!

ps I like the pic on your sig
Old 09-12-2004, 07:04 PM
NO MA'AM

deeseetoo has disabled reputation

get some cams and a standalone ECU to tune with. I'm sure there are alot of places in PR that could tune!
Old 09-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

the only way to really check the relay is to see if you have power at the fuel pump connector, the relay itself is located under the dash above the gas/brake pedal. It's most likely grey and roughly 1.5 in x 1 in.

Thanks for the compliment on the sig