Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

civic auto. tranny question

Old 03-09-2005, 09:55 PM
representyoshit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these parts
Default civic auto. tranny question

my girlfriend and i recently bought a '93 ex, during braking in d4, the car downshifts from 2nd to 1st with a little jolt. the car somewhat upshifts hard at times. it doesn't feel like it is slipping. is this normal? not used to the auto's.
i checked the atf and it is black. i know that the car needs to have the tranny flushed and replaced with some fresh fluid. what is causing the tranny to do this? what can anyone reccommend as far as atf or some kind of additive for the tranny?

Dustin
Old 03-10-2005, 08:10 PM
representyoshit

ef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these parts
Default Re: civic auto. tranny question

?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve

Just get it flushed and see what happens.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:03 PM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

yeah flush it, new filter , new fluid, should be good to go
Old 03-11-2005, 03:27 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by ef_what?
my girlfriend and i recently bought a '93 ex, during braking in d4, the car downshifts from 2nd to 1st with a little jolt. the car somewhat upshifts hard at times. it doesn't feel like it is slipping. is this normal? not used to the auto's.
i checked the atf and it is black. i know that the car needs to have the tranny flushed and replaced with some fresh fluid. what is causing the tranny to do this? what can anyone reccommend as far as atf or some kind of additive for the tranny?

Dustin
i think they do that when they get older.. or thats how they all seem to me, no matter what you do to them..they always kick hard.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:33 PM
representyoshit

thanks.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:18 AM
hybrid hatch

totaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these parts

flush and new filters should do the trick
Old 03-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Full Access Member

jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype

if anybody has done any work on the trany or did something with the intake check the down shift cable make sure they are at the same setting, and muve in cunjuction, and if you do the flush and filter (whitch is hard as hell and i dont recomend) you run the chance of it slipping within a cuple of days. that hapened to my civic and i had to get a new trany, cant realy tell with out driving it but it could be normal. and the factory trany oil its not red so you might not have to change the oil at all.