Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Choice for Cam Gears on a Honda???

Old 08-10-2012, 03:02 PM
LowerClassLove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmjunky has disabled reputation
Default Choice for Cam Gears on a Honda???

Was looking at Brian Crower, Buddy Club, S2, and AEM cam gears. Going to be running them with Brian Crower Stage 2 camshafts and other internals with the XSi (B16A) swap.
Was wondering which cam gears are the best to go with?? out of these or any others
Old 08-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Choice for Cam Gears on a Honda???

They're all the same as long as they don't slip. Get a decent brand and they'll work fine.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:26 PM
-RepLegion

SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec

Doesn't matter, it will still be slow.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:28 PM
LowerClassLove

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
They're all the same as long as they don't slip. Get a decent brand and they'll work fine.
I had read that people said they were basically the same. Still wanted to see what people had to say though, thanks for the input.

Originally Posted by SlvrSpec
Doesn't matter, it will still be slow.
So a car that's got Brian Crower stage 2 cams, Brian Crower valves, Brian Crower springs & retainers, some type of cam gears, Bisimoto rods, Bisimoto pistons, King bearings, some type of crankshaft haven't decided yet, and some ARP studs. Will probably after all that do some other necessary things as well (like port & polish, honed & hot tanked, resurfaced, milled, sleeved, etc...), will be running Hondata S300 with a good quality tune as well and maybe after all that go boost or supercharger (haven't decided on if I want to keep it an N/A build yet or not). Oh and I will have a built transmission as well, and my car will have suspension work as well.
So a car with all that is a slow car sir???
Oh and don't go and say it's going to be slow just because it's a Honda, because then you're just going to be sounding just plain ignorant.
Don't go out and talk shit when you know nothing about the other persons car or the person at all.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by jdmjunky
I had read that people said they were basically the same. Still wanted to see what people had to say though, thanks for the input.

So a car that's got Brian Crower stage 2 cams, Brian Crower valves, Brian Crower springs & retainers, some type of cam gears, Bisimoto rods, Bisimoto pistons, King bearings, some type of crankshaft haven't decided yet, and some ARP studs. Will probably after all that do some other necessary things as well (like port & polish, honed & hot tanked, resurfaced, milled, sleeved, etc...), will be running Hondata S300 with a good quality tune as well and maybe after all that go boost or supercharger (haven't decided on if I want to keep it an N/A build yet or not). Oh and I will have a built transmission as well, and my car will have suspension work as well.
So a car with all that is a slow car sir???
Oh and don't go and say it's going to be slow just because it's a Honda, because then you're just going to be sounding just plain ignorant.
Don't go out and talk shit when you know nothing about the other persons car or the person at all.
Oh yeah, you're not mad at all and obviously you take jokes really well.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce

Call inline pro tell them what ur running they tell u what gear is the best
Old 08-10-2012, 05:13 PM
LowerClassLove

Actually if you knew me you'd know that I wasn't mad at all, I actually thought it was funny and just felt like proving him wrong cause I wasn't sure if he was some american car based guy and didn't like Hondas. I know you can't please everyone with your car so when someone says something bad about it I usually just laugh and sometimes prove them wrong by shutting them up, it happens all too often on forums that aren't only Honda or import based. I know that if I'm happy with my car then that's all that matters.
Also my bad on not realizing he may of been just joking, sorry to SlvrSpec if you were just being sarcastic. It's usually hard to tell when someone's being sarcastic online, much easier in person.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:14 PM
LowerClassLove

Originally Posted by doubble22duce
Call inline pro tell them what ur running they tell u what gear is the best
Thanks will look into them and give them a call.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Funny thing is even after all that you'll still only have under 300 wrong wheel HP. So yea it doesn't matter.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by jdmjunky
Actually if you knew me you'd know that I wasn't mad at all, I actually thought it was funny and just felt like proving him wrong cause I wasn't sure if he was some american car based guy and didn't like Hondas. I know you can't please everyone with your car so when someone says something bad about it I usually just laugh and sometimes prove them wrong by shutting them up, it happens all too often on forums that aren't only Honda or import based. I know that if I'm happy with my car then that's all that matters.
Also my bad on not realizing he may of been just joking, sorry to SlvrSpec if you were just being sarcastic. It's usually hard to tell when someone's being sarcastic online, much easier in person.
You talk too much and don't have anything to say besides the typical Honda kid gibber-gabber.

In relation to all modified cars, your car is slow. Get over it. It's not ground breaking or original to have a B16A, so shut up.

Last edited by Dillweed; 08-10-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Choice for Cam Gears on a Honda???