Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Check Engine Light

Old 04-30-2008, 06:25 PM
DJ CSI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D1NONLYJV43 has disabled reputation
Post Check Engine Light

1999 Acura Integra

***First Problem: Had Exhaust Leak right by the muffler where it connects.

***Solution : Liquid Metal tht spot(didnt work didnt not fill the little not even a dime size hole.

***Second Problem: Tried taking cat. off was rusted on so took whole exhust off to replace with better parts.

***Solution: BBP Header, Ebay Hi-Flow Cat., OBX Racing Muffler for right now until I order RSR Catback.

Updated Problem: Came on with check engine light for secondary 02 sensor code for malfuctioning something not sure bank 1 sensor 2 and air fuel monitoring system

***********New problem......... Read below on the last post I made thanks........Vehicle Speed Sensor

Please help what should I do to get rid of code cleared it three times cme back up thanks.......

Last edited by D1NONLYJV43; 05-03-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Nothing but time...

Venice has disabled reputation
Default Re: Check Engine Light

1st thing replace o2 sencer 2nd clear code 3rd drive car if code comes back you might need a spacer on the o2 in the cat .You did say it was a high flow one right some times the o2 will sit to low and because the cat can flow more it has an effect on the o2 .
Old 04-30-2008, 08:00 PM
DJ CSI

Will try that any other suggestions i should take into mind?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

1slowxr4ti has disabled reputation

The reason why you have a cel is because of the high flow cat. even if you replace your o2 sensor which is doing its job right, you will still get a cel. The cel for the 2nd 02 sensor will not hurt perfomance or any thing in the car. you can learn to live with it or i think they have something that tricks the ecu dont know about hondas.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 PM

slamd_s_dyme has disabled reputation

+1 on the spacer or look into an 02 simulator. Not sure if they have those things for Hondas but I have used them on alot of GM vehicles from a company called Casper Electronics.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:01 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

It is mostikely the secondary O2 sensor code... which is on the cat. Any time is reads less oxygen, it wil toss a CEL. There are a few ways to fix that.
1. is obviously put a stock cat back on
2. place an O2 anti-foul plug... which is the same as what referred to above as "spacer"
3. get an O2 simulator
4. leave the sensor out (do NOT unplug), if you unplug it, the circuit will be incomplete therefore the same O2 CEL code will pop up.

If you decide to use a simulator, I have one for sale.... $20 pick-up
Old 05-01-2008, 04:28 AM
Registered Member

ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt

well... im getting this same problem...

i but a tanabe cat back on my 97 accord, only i had trouble getting the cat off, so i took it down to the mechanics shop and they loosened the bolts but left them on...

im wondering if the torch they used heated the O2 sensor and broke it? or broke my cat? because at the same time, my CEL came one...

should i replace my cat? or my O2 sensor?
Old 05-01-2008, 06:40 AM
h22 POWA

gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd

you can get the ecu chipped and just delete the codes for all 02's
Old 05-01-2008, 08:10 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

^that will be ideal on a heavily modified car running a wideband. In his case, he would have to switch to OBD1.... meaning that he has to get a conversion harness, get an OBD1 ECU, get the ECU socketed, then get it chipped....... that is just too much time and money involved.

IMO, I would never delete or have a tuner delete "all" O2 codes on a motor running without a wideband. In his case, if he takes the OBD1 conversion route, then the secondary O2 sensor would be unmonitored anyway...... even without getting it chipped.

Originally Posted by ChokolAwt
well... im getting this same problem...
i but a tanabe cat back on my 97 accord, only i had trouble getting the cat off, so i took it down to the mechanics shop and they loosened the bolts but left them on...
im wondering if the torch they used heated the O2 sensor and broke it? or broke my cat? because at the same time, my CEL came one...
should i replace my cat? or my O2 sensor?
It's the mostlikely your sensor.... unless they internally and physically tampered with your cat. Hopefully, the shop did not use torch to loosen the sensor itself.....
Old 05-03-2008, 12:01 PM
DJ CSI

New problem update.....................

New Code--- Vehicle speed sensor
Now my speedometer isnt working..... i notice it when i went to go text drive it down the street after a couple mineuets of driving it... its not working at all so i dont kow how fast im going.....

I jacked the car up and pulled the vehicle speed sensor out of tranny and stuck a drill to it so i could spin it, well no luck didnt move my speedometer. So went to advance auto parts priced one at 211. something dollars lol i said fuck no,

So i pulled one off a tranny i had that i knew was good and did the same thing put a drill do it , still didnt work so im screwwed. i dont know what to do used a muiltimeter on the sensore looks to me as if its not getting any signel now... any response to that guys?

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light