Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Check Engine Light?!!?

Old 03-18-2003, 10:41 AM
i gotta P.H.D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy
Exclamation Check Engine Light?!!?

Well i gutted my cat and now my check engine light is on. I was wondering if there was anyway i could possible get around the check engine light? Also, if I am running a loop does that mean i am running rich and losing HP? I tried to reset my ECU and it didnt do anything. Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks~Doug
P.S. I have a 2001 Base Prelude!
Old 03-18-2003, 10:54 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

yep, your engine is in open loop now and its running rich as a champ just as a precaution, i new a chick that had the same problem, she ended having to get a new cat, your 02 sensor is detecting too much exhaust or some shit and its causing the code, im not sure but if you get hondata i think you could get rid of it cause you dont have to have 02 sensors with hondata program........
Old 03-18-2003, 10:56 AM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

doug list your other mods, its not stock dammit. lol
im not to experienced with hondas, but if you want to bring it by sometime ill take a look at it see what i can find.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:58 AM
i gotta P.H.D

pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy

Do you think I can get rid of the light with a good O2 simulator. It will trick the ECU in thinking the cat is working properly?
Old 03-18-2003, 11:02 AM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

you dont want to fool the car like that, making it think its ok when its not can lead to other, bigger problems. what is an o2 simulator?
Old 03-18-2003, 11:40 AM
MP5
Team Rad Racing

MP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these parts

I believe that an o2 simulator is a resistor that you hook up to the o2 sensor that will cause the o2 sensor to send back the correct reading to the ECU which will remove the check engine light and keep his car from running in loop, but like matt said that might not necissarily be a good thing b/c you are tricking the ECU into thinking something that is not actually happening, which can lead to bigger problems.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:02 PM
i gotta P.H.D

Oh ok Mike! Do u think i should go with a test pipe w/ O2 simulator or should i just get the high flow cat and hopefully it would not throw a code?
Old 03-18-2003, 04:00 PM
i gotta P.H.D

Does anyone know of good High Flow Cat for a Prelude?
Old 03-18-2003, 05:12 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by pimpinainteasy
or should i just get the high flow cat and hopefully it would not throw a code?
i dont think that will work bro, your obd2 which reads exhaust before and after the cat, if you get a high flow cat it will do the same thing, your o2 sensor is reading to much of something, you need something to replace the o2 sensor like HONDATA that will eliminate any codes that will be thrown because of an exhaust malfunction that your computer is recognizing......
Old 03-18-2003, 05:20 PM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

just put both o2 sensors in front of the cat it will read the smae thing should work but dont know.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light?!!?