Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Car wont stay running - Any Ideas???

Old 06-04-2011, 05:41 PM
89 Si Hatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gadianton Racer has disabled reputation
Default Car wont stay running - Any Ideas???

Just thought Id see if anyone here could help me. I just got a 91 Honda civic and I cant get it to run. Well I sorta can, but let me explain. So when you turn the key forward the car turns over and starts. But as soon as you release the key and it goes back to the "on" position I guess, instead of the "start" position, the car cuts off. Any ideas would be helpful. And yes I know I could just take it to a shop so please dont tell me that. Just trying to see if anyone has had this happen or knows of a simple part I could change to fix it. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:23 PM
ItIsWhatItIs

LoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car wont stay running - Any Ideas???

if the dash lights are also cutting off after you release the key, then it is more than likely the ignition switch failing.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Registered Member

husoo has disabled reputation

my car did someting like that we jst clean the battery the things hooked around the batterr idk what you call them but they were coroted just try creaing that and it should work it did for me sorry it dont work
Old 06-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Registered Member

onesick97ek onesick97ek onesick97ek onesick97ek onesick97ek onesick97ek onesick97ek onesick97ek onesick97ek onesick97ek onesick97ek

Originally Posted by husoo
my car did someting like that we jst clean the battery the things hooked around the batterr idk what you call them but they were coroted just try creaing that and it should work it did for me sorry it dont work
Terminals is what they are called
Old 06-05-2011, 05:10 AM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness

Originally Posted by husoo
to whoever taught you how to put letters next to each other and call them 'words'
Old 06-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Grab a multimeter and see what's happening with the power coming from the ignition switch. It sounds like the switch is going bad though.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
89 Si Hatch

Gadianton Racer has disabled reputation

THanks fellas! It was indeed the ignition switch.