Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

-Car wont start-(weak spark, etc)

Old 01-06-2005, 12:10 PM
*moving on up*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skybluecrx has a reputation beyond reputeskybluecrx has a reputation beyond reputeskybluecrx has a reputation beyond reputeskybluecrx has a reputation beyond reputeskybluecrx has a reputation beyond reputeskybluecrx has a reputation beyond reputeskybluecrx has a reputation beyond reputeskybluecrx has a reputation beyond reputeskybluecrx has a reputation beyond reputeskybluecrx has a reputation beyond repute
Default -Car wont start-(weak spark, etc)

My car wont start and I cant think of any possible way to fix it. I replaced every part i could think of. I replaced the main relay, spark plugs, spark plug wires, cap rotor button, and ignitor. Still getting weak spark and fuel gauge does not work what could be the problem? Any help is good
Old 01-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

ramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: -Car wont start-(weak spark, etc)

check your ground for your battery
Old 01-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

yeah check all of your grounds.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:23 PM

ACSPONY has disabled reputation

Might help to check the wiring diagram for your car. I knew a guy that threw parts at his ride- new alternator, batttery, distributor and such. If he had taken the time to check the diagram he would have seen the wire rubbing that he could have fixed with a $0.30 butt connector
Old 01-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

also check ur accessory fuse under ur dash
Old 01-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If it's a CRX, it may be your main relay. EFs and CRXs have horrible problems with that, the circuit board on the back of the main relay gets cracks in the solder joints and the car won't start. Grab something with a wiring diagram and check to see that the relay is working or not. If it isn't, you can try to reflow the solder joints on the relay board. This will keep you from having to buy a new relay, but it isn't the easiest thing to do unless you've got some good soldering experience. I did this to my buddy's EF hatch last year (or was it longer than that?) and it's still working flawlessly..
Old 01-06-2005, 06:02 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Honda....with a bad main relay? nooooo

i got about five different test ones in my toolbox....its pretty common. you get low voltage coming out of the relay. pretty confusing sometimes if you use a test light and not a DMM to test both output terminals of the relay. dist and ECU gets power fine, but the fuel pump doesnt....
Old 01-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The EF and earlier are the only models that seem to have that problem, I guess they started using a different part in 92ish.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:52 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

every one i have done was in the box styles. i dont do chassis codes (i hated it when someone told me they drove a GC....its a FUCKING WRX!!!)

that whole chassis code shit gets on my nerves sometimes.

fuck...i think i may just have to start decoding the build sheet on my metro and use that
Old 01-07-2005, 04:55 AM
Racetracks

It's in the VIN.. haha..

Honda people love chassis codes.. It's really useful when you want to find JDM parts though...

Quick Reply: -Car wont start-(weak spark, etc)