Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

car wont start everytime..

Old 10-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SVT COBRAA SVT COBRAA SVT COBRAA SVT COBRAA
Default car wont start everytime..

ok like the title says my hatch wont start sometimes when i go to start it..i can hear the (i believe fuel pump) kicking in and then itll stop..no clicking noise or anything...its like the car is just dead..and with a few key turns eventually the car will start right up...anyt help would be much obliged
Old 10-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

mysloweg6 is infamous around these partsmysloweg6 is infamous around these partsmysloweg6 is infamous around these partsmysloweg6 is infamous around these partsmysloweg6 is infamous around these partsmysloweg6 is infamous around these partsmysloweg6 is infamous around these partsmysloweg6 is infamous around these partsmysloweg6 is infamous around these partsmysloweg6 is infamous around these partsmysloweg6 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: car wont start everytime..

Key switch is bad . Jump the power an field on the starter an it will start
Old 10-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts

main fuel relay
Old 10-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Registered Member

i hear like a whirring sound as im tryin to start it..idk what it is..i thought if it was the starter then it would just be silent...
Old 10-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts

try tapping where your left knee is by the dash as you turn the car over to start it....if its the main relay going bad it will whine for a sec sounding like nothing is wrong but cuts the fuel
Old 10-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 00si
try tapping where your left knee is by the dash as you turn the car over to start it....if its the main relay going bad it will whine for a sec sounding like nothing is wrong but cuts the fuel
tried that..to no avail.. whats its doing is basically like if you were to take off the battery except the fuel pump (i believe) cuts starts cycling and all the lights ect will come on..i just hear a low like whirring noise coming from right by starter... or the starter itself
Old 10-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The solenoid that pushes the starter pinion out (so it engages the flywheel) is most likely bad. It sounds like you're hearing the starter spin without contacting anything.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:19 AM

actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
The solenoid that pushes the starter pinion out (so it engages the flywheel) is most likely bad. It sounds like you're hearing the starter spin without contacting anything.
The starter "bendix" =)
Old 10-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by actionpaintball
The starter "bendix" =)
LOL. But no. It's the part that made the "Bendix" obsolete.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
ok so i need to look for a starter solenoid? sorry little car illiterate

Quick Reply: car wont start everytime..