Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

car will not go past 3 grand then wants to cut off

Old 10-07-2010, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc
Default car will not go past 3 grand then wants to cut off

just put gsr in a civic, now cars fuckn up,you can drve the car put as soon as it get to 3000 the fuel want to cut off, i think the dizzy telling the injector to cut out
but not sure. try to find somone with a dizzy to borrow to see if its the problem. i use 3 diff. comp so io dont think it in limp mode, changes the injectorsall dose the same thing. all input is good input thank you

its a 92 civic dx with a 94 gsr useing the engine harness from the 92 civic and the ecu from the gsr

Last edited by fastsohc; 10-07-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:04 AM
Registered Member

erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02 erik02
Default Re: car will not go past 3 grand then wants to cut off

Originally Posted by fastsohc
just put gsr in a civic, now cars fuckn up,you can drve the car put as soon as it get to 3000 the fuel want to cut off, i think the dizzy telling the injector to cut out
but not sure. try to find somone with a dizzy to borrow to see if its the problem. i use 3 diff. comp so io dont think it in limp mode, changes the injectorsall dose the same thing. all input is good input thank you
Any check engine lights? Google'ing your issue the first thread to came up was on honda tech. This is the first post I found that didn't say check ECU ( since you state you already have)

I'd say the most likely cause is that you got sensors mixed up. The TPS and MAP plugs are the same. You may have plugged those into each other. There are also a host of other plugs that are the same and are in a nearby location to each other.

VTEC and CTS are right by each other.
Knock and PS pressure and IAC are somewhat close to each other.
Make sure your IAT is plugged in correctly.

Check a wiring diagram. Make sure you have the right colors going to the right sensors.

You most likely have the MAP and TPS mixed up. That would be a very likely cause of your issue.

Check that. Get back to us if it fixed it.
Read more at http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread...9449&kcplink=1

Try and provide a little more information if you could. If you have any CEL's get it scanned and look the codes up (if it doesn't do it for you), what ecu are you using? Is it the one from the
motor you swapped?
Old 10-07-2010, 06:49 AM
Registered Member

fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc fastsohc

p72 same from the swap,and yes no check engine,will try the tps and map pulgs but iam perrty sure its right becaues my map pulg is on the indish harness and the 94 gsr is on the engine harness so i took the map pulg the indish and pulged it straight in to the map sensor, we just wired up vtec and knock so i know thats right.what is the IAT
Old 10-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Registered Member

its a 92 civic dx with a 94 gsr useing the engine harness from the 92 civic and the ecu from the gsr
Old 10-07-2010, 07:22 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

does your speedo work? if the car idles fine and isnt jerky then its not going to be tps/map sensor plugs switched. if your speedo doesnt work, then check your vss, it will cause your car to go into limp mode.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

no the speedo did'nt work think i got some water in it when the motor was being took out, here ocen it drys out it will start to work

would'nt the check engine light be on if it was on limp mode

Last edited by fastsohc; 10-07-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:38 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

nope, check to see if the vss is plugged in. its on the trans and if its bad/not working/not plugged in the car will not go over ~3 grand
Old 10-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

do'nt think it was pulg in all the way becaues the white thing in the pulg was stuck in the vss, i think. was going to try to get that out when i got home
Old 10-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

the car wants to cut off/ stop given it fuel at 3 grand, i guessn that will happen if the speedo is not pulg in or vss dose'nt work
Old 10-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you're still using the GSR intake manifold with the IAB control (dual runner setup), have you ran the wire to for the IAB? That's probably not the problem, but I didn't see any mention of that.

IAT is intake air temp sensor by the way, should be on the intake manifold (Honda stuff is slowly falling out of my memory)...

You may have a distributor problem. If one of the position sensors is bad, the ECU won't get a consistent position reading and will deal with that according to what the problem actually is. The ECU may not give a CEL unless the sensor is clearly faulty, which doesn't always happen. A partially bad position sensor can cause dropped position pulses and all kinds of other things, many of which confuse the ECU enough to limit RPM but not enough for the ECU to decide that the sensor signal is definitely bad. Something to think about though.

It's not very likely that the speedo or Vss is the problem. If it was, you would never be able to rev the engine sitting still because the ECU would never know if you were actually moving or not. VTEC functionality is affected by the Vss (again, my Honda memory is slipping...) but normal engine operation shouldn't be. This may depend on engine load though, so revving without any load on the engine (sitting still) may be different than actually moving a car around.

Ooh, actually I'm going to qualify what I just said.. If the ECU detects that the sensor is missing, that can be different than a sensor that is there but not working properly. Depends on what the ECU is looking for (signal normally high, normally low, etc) and how gracefully it handles faults of that type. As a side note, that's actually one of the reasons why 5V sensors like TPS have a signal range of 0.5 to 4.5 volts instead of 0 to 5V. The 0.5V on either end of the range is used for fault detection decisions.
So yeah, if the Vss is not plugged in or is damaged in certain ways that could be a problem.

So that brings up another question: Can you rev the car over 3k RPM sitting still?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 10-07-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Quick Reply: car will not go past 3 grand then wants to cut off