Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

car stopped boosting. running crappy

Old 06-15-2006, 06:26 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot
car stopped boosting. running crappy

i was just driving my 240 around and i got on it a little bit to pass a motorcycle and i revved to about 5k-6k then all of a sudden the car made kind of a hiissss noise and i didn't hear the bov when i let off. the car started running rough and it would not boost( the boost gauge would read all the way up the vacuum then it would not go past zero to the positive side) i pulled over checked the car. no loose ic pipes, bov didn't stick open, no vacuum hoses loose. car will run but its will idle pretty rough and will cut off. if i revv it up to about 3k it will start to choke out like it cant get enough air to run any stronger. no power.

jason
Old 06-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Re: car stopped boosting. running crappy

I'd double/triple check all your IC pipe connections. Sounds very similar to that. Maybe you ripped one of your connectors.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:53 PM
SHIPRIDER

Vwgtimk3 has disabled reputation

probably blew your turbo........
Old 06-15-2006, 06:54 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

Originally Posted by Vwgtimk3
probably blew your turbo........
more specific please. no smoke or oil in the exhaust or intake or intercooler pipeing
Old 06-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

you ither tore a cupler, or using a knock of BOV that has failed or blew a pipe loose.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

murphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these parts

MAFS?
Old 06-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Banned

hondacrix is an unknown quantity at this point

my car did that check the wastegate
Old 06-16-2006, 01:37 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

Originally Posted by hondacrix
my car did that check the wastegate
thats what i have been hoping and betting on. i have a new mani on the way so i need to pull the motor anyways and take the turbo off i hope im ok
Old 06-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

alot of turbo cars do that if the IC couplers arent tightened al the way.

check everyclamp before wasteing money
Old 06-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

ramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to behold

definitly check the couplers for the proper connections. same thing happened to me and when i checked it there were no tears on the top, but when i looked on the bottom i had tore one to shreds. really dont think that it is a blown turbo you would definitly know. your would see smoke, smell oil, would feel a gradual lose in power. this what happened to me when i blew my turbo.

Quick Reply: car stopped boosting. running crappy