Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Car is running lean

Old 01-24-2003, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GsR_jB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car is running lean

I got my car dynoed at inline pro while doing a/f. (supercharger)
They told me my car was running way too lean and could hear detonation at around the high 7-8krpm.
I was wondering what kind of damage this may cause to the engine while driving it hard possibly?
They told me a high flow fuel pump may help but not gauranteed.
I was wondreing if a fuel pressure regulator would help and also a vafc maybe?
will I be safe to drive my car until I can afford to purchase these items or what?
Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-24-2003, 08:01 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

same thing is happening with my car at the moment, ive been through 3 fuel pumps, but i start to go lean really bad at about 6k, my fuel pressure is going from 120 psi to 90 which is causing the lean out, im gonna by one massive ass high flow fuel pump pretty soon and see what that does, but im also running 310 injectors which is a little safer than my stock ones cause obviously there just bigger, im running an afc and whatever i do to the fuel setting it still goes lean cause of the fuel pump not holding the pressure, if you have a stock fuel pump in you car( i taking it you have a honda cause you went to inline pro adn your name is gsr jb), your definitely not gonna flow enough fuel without either an inline fuel pump or a strong intank, id check out the fuel pumps and by one, and a vafc wouldnt be a bad choice to control your fuel with, of course hondata would fix all your damn problems ........
Old 01-24-2003, 08:18 AM
STFU-N-RACE

03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts

pull the vac line off your fuel reg
Old 01-24-2003, 08:27 AM

GsR_jB is an unknown quantity at this point

Pull the vac off my fuel reg? To prevent boost?

Will a 255 pump do the trick?

Thanks
Old 01-24-2003, 08:31 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by 03 tibby
pull the vac line off your fuel reg
that will do nothing for him in this case, removing the line will actually raise your fuel pressure by about 10 psi but if your running an fmu which im assuming he is then hes completely fucked cause the fmu runs off the fpr vacuum port, and yea man i am ordering another 255cfm pump from walbro as soon as i have the loot, or you could order the mother of all fuel pumps from ENDYNE,the thing is ridicuous, it has to be mounted outside of the tank, hahhaa, its huge...........
Old 01-24-2003, 08:32 AM
STFU-N-RACE

03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts03 tibby is infamous around these parts

what ??? boost????

it will keep the fuel reg full open all of the time....thats all
just a quick fix you need a a/f controler
Old 01-24-2003, 08:32 AM
STFU-N-RACE

bigger fiel pump won't help you have to overide the ecu
Old 01-24-2003, 08:34 AM
STFU-N-RACE

oops i mean fuel
Old 01-24-2003, 10:04 AM
I'm not into cars

reXer has disabled reputation

Detonating will blow your motor... could be after a little, could be after alot. Depends how strong your internals are. There's lots of ways to fix it... but without knowing the limits of your fuel system it's hard to recommend something. Fuel pump, injectors, afc, fpr... they can all get rid of the det depending on the state of your fuel system. I don't think I know enough about honda motors to make a recommendation... because I would think Ricky should be running about 550cc injectors by now and he's not. My stock injectors are 420ish and can't even support his hp. You need to find the bottleneck in your fuel system and then make upgrades according to that.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Venuto Ottenga Alcun

PWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to behold

I would get a fuel controler of some type 1st, or really get and engine management system, Hondata being the cheapest I think... And a bigger set of injectors. DSM ones will work to about 300 hp.

Quick Reply: Car is running lean