Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

car catching on fire

Old 07-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daintegrajdm has disabled reputation
Default car catching on fire

paid someone to do a wire tuck they ultimitley messed it up so my car wouldnt cross into vtec... (b20vtec) running a p61 ecu converted to obd1. well it never got fixed car was throwing codes for etc and iac i replaced the etc sensor still nothing i ran the wire from the ecu straight too the etc never crossed over. so i borrowed a wire harness from a friend got it all hooked up and went to start car it started to bog when i would go to give it gas the last time i hit the gas powww.. car backfired really loud and the intake manifold went up in flames. no idea how it started have an idea that when i pulled the fuel rail to change the injector clips that the gas was puddled up on intake. but no idea why it backfired or where the flame came from to ignite the fire... need hellllp quick
Old 07-15-2010, 06:32 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: car catching on fire

Originally Posted by Daintegrajdm
paid someone to do a wire tuck they ultimitley messed it up so my car wouldnt cross into vtec... (b20vtec) running a p61 ecu converted to obd1. well it never got fixed car was throwing codes for etc and iac i replaced the etc sensor still nothing i ran the wire from the ecu straight too the etc never crossed over. so i borrowed a wire harness from a friend got it all hooked up and went to start car it started to bog when i would go to give it gas the last time i hit the gas powww.. car backfired really loud and the intake manifold went up in flames. no idea how it started have an idea that when i pulled the fuel rail to change the injector clips that the gas was puddled up on intake. but no idea why it backfired or where the flame came from to ignite the fire... need hellllp quick
who tucked it?
Old 07-15-2010, 06:40 PM
ig oggggg

yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15

Old 07-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

Marthewicked has disabled reputation

haha lol....well wire problem obviously....start from scratch again....but check connections first...it could be alot of things really. I am sure someone will help you out...but the basic is to double check the wires or atleast the parts the did the tuck in part. Otherwires it is just nightmare....too much frustration too
Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Daintegrajdm
Quoted due to epic failure
Old 07-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Ignition timing is totally fucked, fuel pools in intake because it isn't getting ignited, fuel finally ignites at completely the wrong time (while intake valve is open) and goes into the intake manifold. That's how you get flame reversion into the intake manifold. You probably have the injectors connected in the wrong order, among other things.

You must have really messed something up when you installed the harness you borrowed.

And just as a learning experience, this is why you should be pretty picky with who you choose to hack up your engine harness and modify it for no reason (I don't consider wire tucking a valid reason).

What's an ETC sensor?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 07-15-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:27 AM
B13 SE-R

Netw0rked Netw0rked Netw0rked Netw0rked

Originally Posted by Fabrik8

What's an ETC sensor?
lul
Old 07-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Maybe you should've let the car burn.

-jusayin
Old 07-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

Str8EJ has disabled reputation

lord have mercy, your car sounds like a death trap.
you really need to start from square one and undo everything that was touched during the 'tuck.'
Old 07-17-2010, 02:29 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Originally Posted by nftuatn
who tucked it?
+1