Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

can anybody change a alternator without ripping me off

Old 02-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snowbabycivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can anybody change a alternator without ripping me off

i have tried to get the alternator changed on my honda civic 95 dx several people have called me saying yeah ill do it then i had a guy charge me 100 it only cost 70 at a shop by my house if you could do it for less 60 please call me asap (786)282-8244 i live in va beach its my cell my name is sam somebody please help with this
Old 02-02-2007, 09:00 PM
1.6T

JokerX can only hope to improve
Thumbs up Re: can anybody change a alternator without ripping me off

You could always save the money and do it yourself loosen the bolt on the top bracket which allows you to put more tension on the belt by sliding it forward or back , and take the belt off and loosen the lower bolt and uplug the alternator and either wiggle it out of the top if possible which can be done and put your new alternator in and line the belt back up on the crank pulley and alternator and apply tension to the alternator pushing back on it and tighten the top bolt back down you should have a 1/2" or less of play in the belt and put in the lower bolt and tighten it up and your done or take off your driver side axle by taking off the front lower control arm. You may have to really bang out the lower ball joint from the hub assembly (leave the castle nut on so you dont mess up the threads on the ball joint) and be sure to take the cooter pin out of the lower ball joint first then when thats apart bang out the axle from the hub assembly (watch out for trans fluid though) and take it out that way and be sure to lock the axle back it the trans when reinstalling. It should kinda snap back in (you will know when it goes in youll feel it) line up the splines and put it back in the hub and reattach the lca and castle nut with cotter pin - it should only take you like 45 minutes or so if that to get it out. or you can sign up @ http://hondahookup.com/ and dl the helms manual for your car that tells you how to do it along with everything else - sounds like alot but its really not once you do it youll always be able to do it again and save your money for other things -

may not be your answer to looking for someone to do it for you but theres the info if you want to do it - I think I covered the majority of it there but the manual will show you in detail - or pay someone else if you want

Last edited by JokerX; 02-02-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:00 PM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation
Default Re: can anybody change a alternator without ripping me off

if i dont have to pull an axle off to get to yours, if I had time i'd do it for free cuz its so easy but really dude its not hard
Old 02-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: can anybody change a alternator without ripping me off

Pm'd back.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Registered Member

sprack is on a distinguished road
Re: can anybody change a alternator without ripping me off

Originally Posted by JokerX