Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Camber Kits

Old 11-16-2002, 08:21 AM
E for Engourged.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4BangerCivic has disabled reputation
Default Camber Kits

Hey ya'll...I recently purchased som new rims/tires and I need a camber kit...One where i can adjust both th camber and the caster...Any recomendations on manufactureres?? And how much do they cost? I really have no idea what they are (an explanaion of waht they do would be nice too)...Any info helpfull, thanks.

-tom
Old 11-16-2002, 08:52 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

http://www.users.bigpond.com/Racecra...uspension.html
That site will explain what each is. I'm not sure which company to go with; I would suggest researching (google.com is your friend). Your front camber kit will consist of replacing the Lower Control Arms (LCA's). I know that some companies have ones that allow you to adjust caster, as well as camber; for an additional cost.
I know that K-MAC and Ground Control allow adjustment of both, but I am not sure if they have an application for your Civic. I have also heard that Ingalls kits are pretty good.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:58 AM
E for Engourged.

I checked out that site...im a little more educated inthis department now...If i get this someone's gunna have to tell me what to set my camber caster to, cuz i have no idea I just want to make sure my tires dont get fucked up and i wnat good suspension
Old 11-16-2002, 09:00 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Whoever does the install should have an alignment machine. They will know what degrees to set it to. You may have to do some road testing. Try to find a reputable place, not some scandalous tire shop.
Old 11-16-2002, 09:13 AM
E for Engourged.

I was just at an site selling Ingall's camber kits...they said $130 for both sides of my front tires...is that in a ballpark range??? but they only make 'em for 88-95 civics im a 98...Do i only get this camber kit on the front? or all 4 tires? Im completly lost here but its not ur lack of explination its my lack of comprehension
Old 11-16-2002, 09:22 AM
E for Engourged.

http://www.jdmhondaparts.com/sus.htm

Has Ingall's camber kits for $150 for front (same $150 for rear)...

I'ma contact thm see if they have any kits for my car...Do i need anything else?? besides the camber kit? Or if i got that, installed it, I would be set...I just dot want my tires to wear down quickly...

Skywalker-did you have a camber kit?? Cuz one side of the tire that i have is EXTREMELY more cupped than the other (i asssumethis was due to lack fo camber kit?? but im stupid so i dunn)
Old 11-16-2002, 09:26 AM
Atheist.

Ingalls should make kits for your car. The front kit will actually replace your LCA's, the rear kit I believe bolts on easier and allow adjustment. The ones I had were some cheap domestic made parts; get good ones for your car. And no, you won't need anything else; just an alignment. If you intend on getting a front strut bar, this would be a good time to throw it on.
Old 11-16-2002, 10:09 AM
E for Engourged.

OK Cool, ill try to order the camber kit asap...I was gunna throw in a front strut bar...but due to my purchase of Rims, my Insurance i just paid, the new Pirelli, and others...im flat broke And so i enter the world of having a car
Old 11-16-2002, 10:23 AM
Atheist.

Welcome to our world.
Old 11-16-2002, 10:37 AM
E for Engourged.

Im only steping through the door...Ill be in ur world when i get a job and stop getting money from my parents...Well, I just get paid-off for the grades i get..i dont relly get handouts from parents...oh well...ill keep ya updated onthe progress