Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Cable to hydro tranny conversion?

Old 01-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Don't quit!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia
Post Cable to hydro tranny conversion?

I have an 88 civic hb with an ls tranny with a 4 puck clutch and 8lb flywheel. I want to swich over to a gsr tranny hydro pefferably.
But if its more trouble than its worth I will go for the cable tranny.
This is proably gonna be a dumb question....but can I use the clutch and flywheel on the gsr tranny? (Sorry I came back to the Honda camp after years of owning Toyota's so im learning Hondas again.)

I am online via my phone at work and when I get off here I work 6 to 11 somewhere else, so googling this will take longer than I would like.

Thank You
Old 01-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cable to hydro tranny conversion?

As long as you got a 92-93 clutch, it will work on the hydro tranny. 90-91 integra tranny's had a smaller spline. Only thing is you have to use a hydro throwout bearing.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia
Arrow Re: Cable to hydro tranny conversion?

Quick tranny Question, because I don't want to start a new thread.

Ok the ls tranny in the car now does not match the set up at all it grinds in 2nd and 3rd (mostly 3rd at about 7K) I knew this when I got the car and was told it was because the ls syncros werent made for high rpm which sounds right since it doesn't happen until at high rpms.
It bothers me some since when the engine is finally broken in I would like to get the most out of my car on the track. But I am not at all mad because I knew from the begining it did it and I have every intention doing everything right on the car the way I want it. (No short cuts)

So my question is this common with ls trannys should I be worried about the gear going completely out?

Last edited by Somalia; 01-16-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

Whenever it grinds it is metal and metal contacting, sooner or later the gear will fail. Not too sure about the ls tranny grinding at high rpm. Stock ls will go to almost 7k, and im sure when new they don't grind. More than likely your synchro's are going out.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Don't quit!

Thanks man I pretty much knew that was the case. Just wasn't sure. =\