Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

A/C EXPERTS! air conditions q's : procedures for putting a used system back in

Old 06-01-2007, 07:33 PM
CTR
ACCOUNTANT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTR has disabled reputation
Default A/C EXPERTS! air conditions q's : procedures for putting a used system back in

96 civic cx, im a big guy, i sweat easy. i live in an area with rediculous humidy. i need a/c! i have a used compressor, condenser, new dryer/receiver, new o rings, ester oil, all lines needed. but i am unsure on how to go about installing these

1) should i get a flush? the lines have been open and just lying on my garage for a hot minute. so should i just put new o rings dipped in ester oil and installed new dryer and get the system flushed and vaccuumed. and let the service guys fill with oil and freon?

2) i not sure what to do with the oil and the USED compressor. am i suppost to drain and refill w/ required amount? if so then how? am i just suppost to put in the require amount?

3) should i leave the old dryer/receiver in before the flush/vacuum then install the new dryer later. or is it ok to just install it then bring it up to the service guys to flush/vaccum/freon.

if someone could help me with the proper procedures so i can do it right the first time, id really appreciate it! thanks in advance. shout out to the guys who rolling with no a/c, in some hot ass whether waiting @ a stop light praying for a breeze to roll through.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Autophobic

CivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud of
Default Re: A/C EXPERTS! air conditions q's : procedures for putting a used system back in

install all the a/c parts with the new orings, then get it over to an ac service station, ac machines do all the oiling and charging for you, they will tell you if the parts are working right and if there is a leak in the system or not. GL
Old 06-02-2007, 12:05 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: A/C EXPERTS! air conditions q's : procedures for putting a used system back in

i would blow the lines out with compressed air and some Dura 141, but that shit aint cheap. replace the exp. valve, drier, and any o ring you can get to. with a used compressor, i would probably not be too worried about installing it dry, but for safety i would throw in about 2-3 oz in it and 2-3 oz in the drier. pull a vac. for a few hours (or down to about 800 microns) and then charge and performance test.