Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

bubbling overflow

Old 03-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondadriver285 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bubbling overflow

i have a 94 integra with too many miles and basic mods. the problem is sumtimes when i drive and the car gets warmed up the rad. overflow bubbles out of the tube for a few mins after the car is shut off. the car does not run hot as of the temp gauge and no coolant is missing.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Re: bubbling overflow

A couple possibilities, but likely it's an array of issues.

1) Chances are you have full anti-freeze in there. Antifreeze alone can NOT cool the engine properly, and will boil over. YOu have to have around a 50/50 ratio, unless you paid the extra cash for the pre-mixed stuff...which is ignorant.

2) If your temp gauge may not be working properly and you could be overheating for real, in which case you need to troubleshoot the fans coming on (ask how if you need tips), the thermostat opening up, and/or the water pump operating correctly.

3) Your radiator cap is old and needs to be replaced, it can't hold the normal pressures of the coolant system. This is the easiest thing to replace and rule out off the top.

There's probably something I missed, but I'm betting it's one of these things, hopefully just the 1st or 3rd. Good luck!
Old 03-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

hondadriver285 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: bubbling overflow

thanks alot i will check the cap. i no its not over heating cause it still runs (but it is a honda) and i know the coolant it right i flushed it when i got it