Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Brakes locking up on 93 integra

Old 02-11-2011, 08:15 PM
MKIII Time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carino has disabled reputation
Default Brakes locking up on 93 integra

close.

Last edited by Carino; 03-16-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: fixed for inspection
Old 02-11-2011, 08:23 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default Re: Brakes locking up on 93 integra

Originally Posted by Carino
ok well i have a problem with my integra the front brakes are locking up... i had to get my master cylinder replaced for inspection... before that i had to change my brake pads and came across a sticky caliper that would not retract i replace both front calipers with a pair from the junkyard and life was good... i failed inspection due to pedal bleeding all the way to the floor... so i ordered a new master cylinder to fix it but do to the fact i had to work and did not have the time to fix it i got my dad to install it while i was at work... while driving back home he smelt a burning smell which ended up being the ceramic brake pads... and the steelies were heating up to the point where you can touch it and will sizzle when i spit on it to describe the heat... i came to the conclusion that the brakes were constantly compressing on the rotors causing it to overheat to the point of wrapping my rotors... so bad that it would not allow my car to roll while in neutral... so i began double checking the work and checked the pedal linkage and saw that it was constantly applying pressure to the MC... i backed it out so that there would be a little play and everything seemed fine... would roll in neutral, brakes would not heat up and no dragging... then i went to work to check to seem what time i come in and left the car on with my girl in the car... i got in the car and it started acting up again and then got to the point where they locked up and stopped my car... im torn between whether it is a faulty new master cylinder(not likely but possible) or a clog in the brake lines(doubt because seemed fine when i flushed it last)... i never had this problem before and am dumb founded on what the issue could be... my dad believes that its the calipers but i seriously doubt when they where working fine before... i dont know if he put the wrong fluid in or what... and also i do not have a brake booster... i did a brake booster delete a long time ago and had no problem until now

Thanks for any help
wow. first off, get NEW calipers and fluid, as well as a MC if possible. then splurge on new lines, pads and rotors. do all the work the right way without cutting any corners, and see if that helps any. my bet is that your problem is caused by some "modification" to your brake system that you did yourself. did you bleed all 4 corners the right (honda) way, or did you simply bleed them from furthest to closest to the MC?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

It sounds like you need to adjust you brake booster delete push rod where it bolts to the brake pedal. Basically its called adjusting the pedal height so that you have a couple of mm worth of play in the pedal. How much play do you have in your brake pedal right now?

Last edited by crxmadness; 02-11-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:26 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

he "deleted" it. dont ask me why.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Originally Posted by boredom
he "deleted" it. dont ask me why.
Nice catch, I edited my post. I did not make all the way to the bottom of his post.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:33 PM
MKIII Time

Originally Posted by boredom
wow. first off, get NEW calipers and fluid, as well as a MC if possible. then splurge on new lines, pads and rotors. do all the work the right way without cutting any corners, and see if that helps any. my bet is that your problem is caused by some "modification" to your brake system that you did yourself. did you bleed all 4 corners the right (honda) way, or did you simply bleed them from furthest to closest to the MC?
i bleed all four corners honda way... i have a new MC... New Fluid... the calipers appeared to be replaced recently off the car i got it from... i inspected it and the sliders were fine... piston retraced easily...ect... the "Modification" i did was simply just using the old brake booster template and making it into a plate for a direct connection to the MC... a guy manufactured it for his DA and gave me one cause i needed it for clearance issues... and as i stated before i ran that setup for a year and a half now and had no problems until i let my dad install my MC...

doesn't seem more like a problem with the lines? and i dont have tons money to dump into buy all new components that may not even be the problem

Last edited by Carino; 02-11-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:36 PM
management

Originally Posted by Carino
i bleed all four corners honda way... i have a new MC... New Fluid... the calipers appeared to be replaced recently off the car i got it from... i inspected it and the sliders were fine... piston retraced easily...ect... the "Modification" i did was simply just using the old brake booster template and making it into a plate for a direct connection to the MC... a guy manufactured it for his DA and gave me one cause i needed it for clearance issues... and as i stated before i ran that setup for a year and a half now and had no problems until i let my dad install my MC...
start with whatever he touched.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:44 PM
MKIII Time

i guess im going to bleed the system tomorrow and see if the problem happens again... and then go from there... which would seem more probable? faulty new MC or a kink in lines.... but the fluid and everything was clean when he bleed them... like new
Old 02-11-2011, 08:50 PM
management

have you checked the work your dad did? even when working with friends, i go back and make sure everything was done to my liking.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:43 AM
Registered member

sleepinEG has disabled reputation

my boys ef did this exact thing.its the booster push rod as said up above.add spacers between them or get the right setup.

Quick Reply: Brakes locking up on 93 integra