Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

?? Bout Power Steering

Old 09-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these parts
Default ?? Bout Power Steering

i was jus wondering if i remove the power steering off of my 93 integra wheel it be like a car that doesnt have power steering. or worse. thanx.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: ?? Bout Power Steering

Originally Posted by jdmguy87
i was jus wondering if i remove the power steering off of my 93 integra wheel it be like a car that doesnt have power steering. or worse. thanx.
someone tell me this guy really is this stupid in real life?
Old 09-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Dude if you take off the power steering you'll have race car feel at your finger tips!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Registered member

jdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these partsjdmguy87 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
someone tell me this guy really is this stupid in real life?
i was jus told by some other people that it would be worse. the reason i am removing it is because its leaking and i jus dont feel like fixing it at the time. and every other car that ive had has been non power steering so it doesnt bother me at all. i jus wanna kno if because it has a rack and pinion is it gonna be worse. that simple
Old 09-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Registered member

kadafiz has disabled reputation

"wheel it be like", tells me your really confused and maybe new to the country so im willing to help out..

If you take power steering off your car obviously it will be like a car that doesn't have power steering, because you TOOK IT OFF

and no it will not be worse.. how can it be worse is the question i dont understand..?
Old 09-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by kadafiz
"wheel it be like", tells me your really confused and maybe new to the country so im willing to help out..

If you take power steering off your car obviously it will be like a car that doesn't have power steering, because you TOOK IT OFF

and no it will not be worse.. how can it be worse is the question i dont understand..?

i didnt think it would be worse but some random people jus keep tellin me it will be worse cause it has a rack and pinion idk.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

well, it'd be just like a honda with a rack without power steering...

you mean will it be worse than a car designed without power steering? probly so since the gear ratio wasn't designed to use your hand grip to turn the tires, but how much power does it take to turn a 185 really?
Old 09-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
well, it'd be just like a honda with a rack without power steering...

you mean will it be worse than a car designed without power steering? probly so since the gear ratio wasn't designed to use your hand grip to turn the tires, but how much power does it take to turn a 185 really?
It takes a boss... And I'm a boss... I got 195s foo!

Two words... RACE CAR... Woooooo!
Old 09-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

do it cuz every1 will think ur a badazz
Old 09-18-2009, 06:10 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

actually it will be worse. way worse.

when you take power steering out of a car that has a power steering rack in it, that is supposed to be moved by a hydraulic pump , you will have to make up for that force. Your going to have to work twice as hard as a car with a non power steering rack, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING

non power steering racks are much easier to move and turn because there initial design was to be turned by the force of a person, not the pressure of a fluid. Trust me on this one, they are not the same, and it is worse. Get into a car with a non power steering rack, than get into a car with a power steering rack that doesnt have power steering. its a shit ton of difference.

but hey, you might gain like 2 hp on the butt dyno.

Quick Reply: ?? Bout Power Steering