Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Bought a whole new electrical system except distributor and my 94 dx wont start??????

Old 01-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ohyuhgood has disabled reputation
Default Bought a whole new electrical system except distributor and my 94 dx wont start??????

So i put a new starter on my 94 civic dx, i also put a new battery new alternator and she just dont seem to roll over, i keep getting energy to the starter but it doesnt seem to go any further then the starter? Any ideas?
Old 01-20-2011, 09:00 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default Re: Bought a whole new electrical system except distributor and my 94 dx wont start??

what is the problem? are you getting spark? fuel? have you checked your rotor button? what made you think the starter was bad? current fuel level? last time you changed spark plugs? etc, etc, etc
Old 01-20-2011, 09:06 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy
Default Re: Bought a whole new electrical system except distributor and my 94 dx wont start??

Take all your grounds and scrub them with a brillo pad. Smear dielectric grease on em and reinstall everything.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

So I'm assuming you've already checked if the starter solenoid is getting enabled when you want the engine to start?

And why did you put in another alternator if the engine won't start? The alternator doesn't do anything unless the engine is running..
Old 01-20-2011, 04:10 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
The alternator doesn't do anything unless the engine is running..
you cant explain that shit to people...they have no idea how shit works...

and if the starter is engaging and not turning the motor over then the motor is locked up....try turning the motor with a ratchet on the crank pulley
Old 01-20-2011, 04:12 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

i have a taurus at my shop now with a locked up motor,,,call the customer and told HER she said.." sure its not the alternator" im dead fucking serious....
Old 01-20-2011, 06:02 PM
its just a website

couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped

is the alternator obd1?..
Old 01-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

5literbeater has disabled reputation

keep throwing parts at it ..lol
Old 01-20-2011, 06:21 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Originally Posted by 5literbeater
keep throwing parts at it ..lol
it may be the transmission....have that changed
Old 01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

Originally Posted by couped
is the alternator obd1?..
is the moon blue?

Quick Reply: Bought a whole new electrical system except distributor and my 94 dx wont start??????