Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

boosted d16 wont start? help!

Old 12-05-2009, 05:25 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J.packsb has disabled reputation
Default boosted d16 wont start? help!

so while i was reconnecting my charge piping that blew off, my friend unplugged the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose and forgot to put it back on. we tried to start the car about 3 times with it unplugged and idled terribly, would rev past 2k and was misfiring. so i plugged it back up and let it sit over nite to let the flooded fuel drain, and this morning it was still doing the same thing. so i disconnected the battery and after a minute tried it again and now it wont start at all. it sounds like trying to start a car with a dead battery..? its a d16y8 on a chipped p28 with 450 cc injectors and walbro 255. anybody have any suggestions.?

update- i pulled the plugs and they were pitch black, so the few times it did start, i was runnin real rich. put new plugs in, theyre all getting spark. charged the battery. motor cranks but doesnt start. fuel pump primes. what should i check next? i know its not my injectors cuz the car was running right before it all of a sudden stopped..?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:42 AM
Registered Member

Unlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: boosted d16 wont start? help!

Any CEL's? What engine management are you using? CROME? Check the jumper in the ecu..

Check the MAP sensor and wiring.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

yeas theres a cel. im gonna check it in about an hour. being that the ecu is obd1, i cant jus pull the code with the meter. its jus on a basemap right now im trying to get it running to get it to the tuner. the jumper is fine. the car was running about 20 mins before the charge piping blew. after that it ran terribly and misfired and after disconnecting battery, it wont start. map sensor and witing was never touched
Old 12-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Ramey Built

JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt

Originally Posted by Unlimited Auto
Any CEL's? What engine management are you using? CROME? Check the jumper in the ecu..

Check the MAP sensor and wiring.
I don't think he's talking about the jumper harness. He's talking about the jumper to pull the codes. You have to jump a plug under the dash on the passanger side with a piece of wire and then the check engine light will start to flash. The flashes represent a number which represent a code.

Heres a link to honda-tech that shows you exactly how to do it and how to read the codes.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1901557

Justin
Old 12-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Registered Member

slammed has disabled reputation

^^^^wow, what a informative post, wish there was more guys like you on here.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

k thanks but i found the problem it was in the harness
Old 12-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Ramey Built

JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt JB@RameyBuilt

ok... glad you figured out the problem