Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Boost or no?

Old 06-03-2014, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slewis79 has disabled reputation
Default Boost or no?

94 del sol d16z6...does anyone have any thoughts on whether or not I should boost my z6 or would getting a Bseries be a better choice. I was told a dseries can only handle 200hp or so before it starts to affect the motor? Is this true? Anyone have a Bseries in a del sol or just anyone who rolls a Bseries that can advise? I've never had a bseries before..always Dseries
Old 06-03-2014, 08:59 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default Re: Boost or no?

Originally Posted by slewis79
94 del sol d16z6...does anyone have any thoughts on whether or not I should boost my z6 or would getting a Bseries be a better choice. I was told a dseries can only handle 200hp or so before it starts to affect the motor? Is this true? Anyone have a Bseries in a del sol or just anyone who rolls a Bseries that can advise? I've never had a bseries before..always Dseries
No
Old 06-03-2014, 10:48 AM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by boredom
No
seconded.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Originally Posted by slewis79
if you have to ask about turbocharging your car, the answer wil 99% of the time be "NO"

Bisi built a 700hp D series, I see them all the time in the 300s and 400s. Anything you do to a stock engine affects its life, whether it be positively or negatively. In MOST cases, more power means that it affects engine life negatively, not always, but usually thats the way it goes.

B series makes more power out of the box, it has more displacement, thats a no brainer.

If you don't have a good 3,000 bucks to throw at the proper turbo setup, including internals, reputable parts, and tuning, then you should just scrap that idea before you get into it.

Most people who turbocharge a D series aren't going to get insane power numbers anyway, so why not save some money and stick with a reliable GSR engine swap. Then you'll be making very noticeable power gains, much better engine platform to build on, and you have less to worry about breaking.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:11 PM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ej1995
if you have to ask about turbocharging your car, the answer wil 99% of the time be "NO"

Bisi built a 700hp D series, I see them all the time in the 300s and 400s. Anything you do to a stock engine affects its life, whether it be positively or negatively. In MOST cases, more power means that it affects engine life negatively, not always, but usually thats the way it goes.

B series makes more power out of the box, it has more displacement, thats a no brainer.

If you don't have a good 3,000 bucks to throw at the proper turbo setup, including internals, reputable parts, and tuning, then you should just scrap that idea before you get into it.

Most people who turbocharge a D series aren't going to get insane power numbers anyway, so why not save some money and stick with a reliable GSR engine swap. Then you'll be making very noticeable power gains, much better engine platform to build on, and you have less to worry about breaking.

kudos for breaking it to him gently..
Old 06-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Originally Posted by boostjunkie
kudos for breaking it to him gently..
I TRY to refrain from being a total asshole until they get belligerent. When they get butthurt over it and argue against facts is when I usually turn into a prick.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:55 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

This is the kindest I've seen one of these posts handled in quite some time. Better take that info and run along OP, before someone breaks a dick off in you.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:17 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

No.

It's a fucking single cam. stop trying to be "the underdog" and build a fucking b series.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:38 PM
-RepLegion

Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
No.

It's a fucking single cam. stop trying to be "the underdog" and build a fucking b series.
I second this.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?

Originally Posted by ej1995
I TRY to refrain from being a total asshole until they get belligerent. When they get butthurt over it and argue against facts is when I usually turn into a prick.
Repped.

If you are asking on a forum, the answer is no for boost. Do your own research. Set your own goals. Build your car how you want. YOU have to love YOUR CAR.

I am a personal fan of the LS(b18b1) swap for cheapness. Just an idea.

Quick Reply: Boost or no?