Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

body work question

Old 11-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZeroProd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default body work question

Whats up guys I recently got into an accident in my 92' Toyota pickup and I recently took it to the body shop and they gave me an estimate for 4700! The truck pretty much needs a front clip minus the driver side fenders and shit buy radiator support, radiator, and fan need to be replaced alont with the right side inner and outer fenders. I went parts hunting online and got a list of parts including radiator and fan and it came up to $1022. The guy at the shop told me that the front clip he found was $1800.

Basically i was just wondering if these guys are trying to bend me over on these repairs cause i dont believe it should cost 5 grand to fix i was expexting maybe 2-3 grand maybe a little more but not 5 any info or insight that could help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:29 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: body work question

labor my friend, thats what there charging you......althought it doesnt sound like they would be doing much bodywork at all, more like replacing everything, plus the radiator support and such has to be welded in.....
Old 11-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

ZeroProd is an unknown quantity at this point

i didnt think it was that much work either the only big things are welding the radiator support and welding the inner fender well to the body everything else is bolt on. If anyone knows where i could possibly get this done for cheaper plz let me know cause i really need to get this work done but i aint payin 5 grand for it.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:25 AM

DelSilvia has disabled reputation

i do custom body work.. have my own frame straightener and everything pm me if intrested.. i can do it for 25$ hour +parts..
Old 11-21-2004, 10:30 AM

Jbmoney21 has disabled reputation

well they have to pull everything with the frame machine and replace everything. But where your parts came to 1022 and theres were 1800. You might have just been using like certifit parts or some off brand and they are using actual oem parts from toyota for GUARANTEED fitment with no extra work. Its easy for them and they dont have to pay the extra 700$ for the parts so they are gonna go with the oem fitment. Thats why the price is different sometimes its a bitch to get certifit or other fenders/rad support to line up b.c there not to the exact specs but pretty damn close