Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Blowing Ignition Fuses after swap

Old 03-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slolikeu has disabled reputation
Exclamation Blowing Ignition Fuses after swap

I recently replaced my integras engine with a JDM B18B1, I used my original throttle body(to have the MAP sensor) also I swapped 1 plug from my original wiring harness to the JDM one was a plug on the drivers side. Yesterday i finally finished up the swap and tried to start. Would turn over but plugs wouldnt fire(and it threw no CEL), since then i have Swapped distrubtors, checked ignition timing, checked valve tming, used an OHM meter to check to make sure distb was getting power, changed my sparkplugs and wires, since i have done all that now my car wont even turn over and it blows a 50amp ignition fuse in my underhood fusebox everytime i try to start it. I am positive ive got all wires right on the plug that I switched. When my previous engine quit I was in 3rd gear about 5500rpm and it just felt like I downshifted into 2nd and let out on the clutch. Car wouldnt restart would turn over but wouldnt fire. Does anyone have any ideas???
Old 03-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: Blowing Ignition Fuses after swap

Recheck your wiring. What year Integra do you have? If it's OBD1 you shouldn't have had to touch any of the wiring.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

Yes it was ODB1 but 1 plug on the passenger side was a little different(plugs were very close but 1 just wouldnt go in.). Ive checked and recheckd the wiring on the harness pretty much tested each PIN with the OHM meter(all plugs from the distrubutor anyways)
Old 03-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

There is no such thing as a jdm b18b. There is no car that has a 1.8 non vtec over seas.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WallysDa
There is no such thing as a jdm b18b. There is no car that has a 1.8 non vtec over seas.
Actually there is. My friend has a JDM b18b However there is no such thing as a JDM B18B1. All JDM motor codes stop at the last letter.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

Yea dude im pretty sure that this is from Japan because the throttle cable comes from the passanger side instead from across the intake manifold and also the oil filter that came with it had japanese writing all over it. Also the exhaust manifold was a good bit different from my USDM one. But thats not the question does anyone know what i can do to get my car started?
Old 03-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Did you use the engine wiring harness that came with the JDM engine?
Old 03-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

Yes but they were pretty much the same except 1 plug in which I changed from my original wiring harness. All the wires seemd to be going to the same places. Are there any other differences???
Old 03-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Asshole Supreme

I would suggest that you put the U.S. harness back on the engine. That may be your problem.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

You're grounding something that's hot.... another vote for using the u.s. harness.

Quick Reply: Blowing Ignition Fuses after swap