Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Best way to 14:1 compression

Old 10-22-2003, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1slowCRX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best way to 14:1 compression

I am looking for other ideas on the best way to acheive 14:1 compression, I already have a pretty good idea of how I am going to accomplish this I am just looking for other ideas to maybe use or mesh into one with mine. Before you start flaming on how are you going to stop detonation and ping, don't worry about the leave that up to me :wink: those of you that know me know what I am talking about and would perfer to leave that aspect of it off of the board. But all all and any ideas will be appreciated
Old 10-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

I assume you are talkin gn/a here, since boost is the best way to increase compression.

Domed pistons and a tiny ass HG with VERY careful matching for valve clearance.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:06 PM

1slowCRX is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I am going to sink the valves in the head so I will not have as much of a problem with clearance, and the only problem that I have with high dome piston is the uneven explosion across the piston, I also want to to de-stroke the crank and go with a shorter rod so I can use the tiny headgasket...... and rev higher.....mmmmmm
Old 10-23-2003, 05:29 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

The problem that you are going to run into is when "sinking" the valves into the head you are losing static compression. Are we talking about a Honda motor here and why do you feel the need to use 14:1 static compression?You can control flame travel with different piston and combustion chamber designs as well. I wouldn't worry too much about the large dome.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:31 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

why you want such high compression????? go a bigger bore..
Old 10-23-2003, 05:36 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

because massive compression is the only way to get power
Old 10-23-2003, 05:38 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally posted by reuter
because massive compression is the only way to get power
Gotta love magazine articles. lol
Old 10-23-2003, 05:43 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

hahha 14:1 for like an extra 10 hp if you lucky..bigger bore more torque...iunno which i would do
Old 10-23-2003, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

i went from 8.5:1 to 11.5:1 on my SR20 race motor and made 7hp.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

SCC made 3hp going from 9.5:1 to 11:1 on a NA race motor.

Quick Reply: Best way to 14:1 compression