Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Best tire size?

Old 06-25-2005, 10:22 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default Best tire size?

14x8 wheel going on an AE86. Was looking into a set of 225 50 14's, however I can't afford rull Competition tires right now.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Best tire size?

Whats the offset? 14X8s are gonna rub unless you hammer some wheel well/pull some fenders.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:15 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

I was just told they were 14x8s. They may be 7.5s. They are Supra Celica wheels.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts

14x7.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:38 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Either way. I was told they were 14x8. I haven't picked them up yet to find out. I do still need a tire size. smallest sidewalls I can find in a 205 is a 60, unless I go into competition tires.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Good tire size for a 14.

205/60
195/60

Ran both of those on my old car on a 7 inch wide wheel no problem. Did have to hammer a little on the front though, nothing too bad.

Old 06-25-2005, 11:50 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

I think a taller tire would look wierd, especially with how high the stock suspension is. Know anyone with some cheap springs lying around?
Old 06-25-2005, 11:52 AM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Uhh, Espiler Active Super Downs on Ebay for a little over 100. I ran them on that car.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:54 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Originally Posted by P-Money
Uhh, Espiler Active Super Downs on Ebay for a little over 100. I ran them on that car.
100 bucks huh? I was looking on a site and seen them for like 350. I suppose 100 bucks isn't so bad. Do they get rid of any of the obnoxious body roll?
Old 06-25-2005, 04:24 PM
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele

i had the azenis 205/60/14s on my old crx, there was still very little sidewall flex from those tires. even through hard turns and trasitions the car was responsive and immediate. i was running skunk2 sleeve overs and agxs also.