Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

best TB for a B16 ????

Old 09-07-2009, 08:01 PM
oh no the REDBOX !!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these parts
Default best TB for a B16 ????

Hey guys. Im looking to upgrade from my 60mm stock TB. I was wondering what is the best size for an aftermarket TB for B16 ? And I plan on staying N/A, no boost for me. Im sure some of you guys have put them on your cars so im looking for a little feedback and advise before I order a new one.

Here is my current setup....
- JDM B16
- AEBS Intake Manifold
- Comptech USA 4-2-1 header
- custom 2.5'' exhasut piping
- PasswordJDM "Whale Penis" Intake
- Buddy Club cam gears
- stock internals and valvetrain for now

Any advise and help is much appreciated !
Old 09-07-2009, 08:02 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington
Default Re: best TB for a B16 ????

Regardless of how big you go you're going to need to have the intake matched or the TB isn't going to do anything.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:01 PM
oh no the REDBOX !!!

coup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these partscoup3y is infamous around these parts

yeah I know. The AEBS is a 65mm port so im thinking a 66mm would be good. Just getting some advice from people who might have already done this
Old 09-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0

66mm might not hurt, but the closer the better. If the intake is smaller than the TB, even a mm worth of difference is hurting flow velocity by adding resistance. Maybe not enough to notice, but so you're aware.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:18 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

You don't want them to be different sizes, you want them the same.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:33 PM
oh no the REDBOX !!!

1mm would really hurt that much u think ? body of mind had a 68mm Professionla Products on his AEBS on a b16 and it might have had a little lag in bottom end but not enough to hurt. then it screamed in top end.

Main reason im leaning toward a 66mm is cause thats the closest to 65mm that Skunk2 makes. And the Skunk2 moves the top sensor to the bottom for a cleaner look. my car is wire tucked so clean is good
But also dnt want to lose functionality
Old 09-08-2009, 07:36 PM
yaaat.

I don't know if it's going to hurt that much. But you can have your intake port matched at a machine shop.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:43 PM
oh no the REDBOX !!!

yeah. my friend works at a machine shop and told me he could do that for me I just wont trying to go through that hassle if its not absolutely nesessary.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:44 PM
yaaat.

If you've got easy access to having it done, just do it.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:47 PM
oh no the REDBOX !!!

Yeah I probably will since I can easily

Quick Reply: best TB for a B16 ????