Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Best starter Turbo Kit

Old 06-10-2003, 09:01 AM
The Comeback Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76
Default Best starter Turbo Kit

What Turbo kit do you guys think would be the best starter turbo kit? I want a kit that can take me into the low and mid 13's but also keep my AC. Let me know what you guys think as far as the best turbo kit for the price.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:08 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

"STARTER KIT"??? Turbos are not gardens or RPG card booster packs. There are no training wheels for this.

And personally I think better setups can be made with proper planning and purchasing rather than buying somebody's shitty "kit".
Old 06-10-2003, 09:10 AM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

no comment.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:50 AM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

well I have seen great numbers with kits such as rev hard. But to put some serious HP down, you would want to go with a custom setup, at the very least custom turbo manifold.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:34 AM
The Comeback Kid

Whoa Skywalker I was just asking a simple fuckin question no need for some smart ass remarks. Ultraprince thanks for your advice.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:48 PM
Smart Dumb cats

SHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Skywalker
"STARTER KIT"??? Turbos are not gardens or RPG card booster packs. There are no training wheels for this.

And personally I think better setups can be made with proper planning and purchasing rather than buying somebody's shitty "kit".
you make no sense. i assume when he says "starter kits" he means that he doesnt have experience with custom setups. that is why companies make Turbo kits for unexperienced people who want to go the easy way. and that is what he knows. "shitty kits"?. B18Boost went 11.9 with a drag turbo kit. Terry went low 12's with a drag turbo kit. ive seen 300-400whp dyno charts with Revhard kits. you obviously dont have a clue to what you are talking about.

you can go on www.honda-tech.com and search for "Maxrev Turbo kits" they are $2300 shipped and i think one of the best kits out for its price. one bad side to it is that it come with u bends and you will have to cut and weld your own piping. another bad side is that they dont give you enough piping. youll probably need to buy another u bend and youll be straight. Besides that it comes with everything you need to have a kit.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:50 PM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

haha
Old 06-10-2003, 12:52 PM
Smart Dumb cats

SHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ultraprince
well I have seen great numbers with kits such as rev hard. But to put some serious HP down, you would want to go with a custom setup, at the very least custom turbo manifold.
he's a beginner. thats what Turbo kits are for. i dont think he has goals of going straight to the 11's so a custom setup and manifold would be out of the question for him
Old 06-10-2003, 12:53 PM
The Comeback Kid

Hey Shut UP thanks for the info. Thats the kind of info I was looking for not smart fucking remarks. I didn't know I had to be an expert in everything to ask a question.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:10 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

shut up has a good point....but i think you'd be much better off researching around and piecing a kit together. it'll save you money in the long run, and you will learn a hell of a lot. thats what working on cars is all about to me, learning more about them. i built my turbo kit for roughly 1-1.3k and it's done. it wont look bad on the car either, and you will learn the advantages/disadvantages of pieces of your setup, how everything works and why, and the limits of your motor...not to mention meet many helpful people while you are picking up parts.

thats just my opinion anyways...btw, i know exactly what you mean about being an expert. there are a lot of assholes on this board.