Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Best ecu for b16a

Old 10-14-2003, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a92civicxjdmb16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best ecu for b16a

wasup i was just wondering what is the best base ecu to use with a obd1 2nd jdm b16a, basically one thats good with hondata and that would be better to tune an perform better with my motor, right now i just got i/h/e and ignition. gonna go turbo one day also. Right now i got the ecu that ccame with my swap which is the p30, is that any good? Also i got lsd would the ecu have to be lsd equipped or something like that? cause when i got my ecu it just had lsd written on it so i thought there was something special about lsd. Let me know what u guys thinnk
Old 10-14-2003, 07:21 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

http://hondata.com/engines.html
http://hondata.com/ecus.html

ecu has nothing to do with lsd.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:49 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

P30 is stock on B16A, that's the ECU you want to use. It's got the right program and has a knock sensor board, so use it. If you get a Hondata later to help tune your turbo, it's a great ECU for Hondata. Actually, if you get a Hondata, get a P28 ECU, it's the exact same ECU but doesn't have a knock board. Hondata disables the knock sensor a lot of times, so that's not an issue. Then you can sell the P30 and make $$, because they are worth twice as much as a P28 even though they are identical exept for the knock board and the engine program. Once it's chipped for Hondata, you'll be using the Hondata program instead of the stock one, so if you don't need the knock sensor, get a P28.