Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Best coilover option for an 04 TSX?

Old 11-15-2012, 05:15 AM
NAZI mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Best coilover option for an 04 TSX?

The struts in my wifes 04 TSX are blown, as we discovered putting on the lowering springs last night. So we decided the best option instead of replacing factory parts would to just go ahead and throw coilovers on it. I've been looimg at a few sets for the past hour or so and have come back to the Function&Form Type 1 coilovers again and again. For the price of them and what we are trying to do with the car (just lower it, not slam it or track it) I feel that they would be a good choice. I've also heard pretty good reviews on them as well. The only tjhing I am unsure of is whether or not I wil require a camber kit front or rear.

http://www.functionnform.com/Functio...2008_p_19.html

Any thoughts? Looking for other options as well, I dont need anything crazy expensive either.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 AM
-RepLegion

SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec
Default Re: Best coilover option for an 04 TSX?

I had Buddy Club N+ when I had my TSX got them for like $1200. They ride great, no complaints, and I didn't need to use a camber kit. I think they're great for daily driving, you won't be bouncing around.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:47 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

The only things I have heard about function and forms is that they have terrible quality, not all the time but why you typically expect from any Chinese/Vietnamese product. I have heard of leaking struts and already blown before they ever get on the car, along with blown strut sounds when they get on the car without any prior evidence.

Just to be clear I'm not saying they are bad for the price, but cheap and quality don't tend to go together that often.

I personally would go koni/ground control setup but I think it would be overkill for what you want
Old 11-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

You may not need to get a camber kit, but that would depend on how low you plan to take it. I like Tein products, but that is just me.

If you just want a simple drop look for some Tein S techs and tokico blue struts.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Cut springs = call the car slammed or clean bro bro