Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

BC racing coilovers

Old 12-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sixRR has disabled reputation
Default BC racing coilovers

Anybody on here have any input about the BC racing Br series coilovers. I know they are relatively cheap but they seem to get pretty good reviews.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:45 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: BC racing coilovers

Moving to Technical, you will likely get better results there
Old 12-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

Ok thanks. Just thought i would ask some local folks
Old 12-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

they don't look to me to be a whole lot different than all the other made in China fanboi 582-way adjustable coilovers....i'd want to wait a while and see how well they hold up for other people and their customer service experiences are...and i'd only look at performance reviews from people actually using them on track.ignore the "ooohh!,they're anodized [fill in crazy JDM color]!!tight" type reviews.

what's your budget?intended use(street,track,autocross?)and what car?
if it's a street car i just don't get people putting all these blingy coilover setups on there.if you have the money and it's what you want,then pretty much just base it on what you like the best looks-wise.as long as the shocks don't blow out and they don't come with track spring rates,basically any of them will do just fine.
if you'll be tracking the car,the Koni/GC setup is the best setup under $1,000(and better than many more expensive setups too).if you want to get into the mid priced stuff,i'd go with PIC myself-their stuff is used by actual racers,and the company comes to the track to help people.

i'd also base it on having rebuild/warranty/tuning options available here in America.both of the above companies offer that.
Chris
Old 12-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the response. They seem to get good reviews on Nasioc and also have a warranty. I already pulled the trigger so hopefully they are pretty decent