Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Battery wiring problem.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:28 AM
DITB-AHHH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts
Question Battery wiring problem.

the battery in my integra is relocated to the trunk. its ground it to one of the rear bottom seat belt bolts it ran fine all last week, then this week i was driving and the whole car just shut off. pushed it into a parking lot wiggled the power wire on the battery everything cam back on. an hour later im turning into my neighborhood car shuts off again, i hit a small bump and everything comes back on.
Replaced the battery, was driving down the road did it again. hit the top of the battery box everything came back on. once again im on my way home, car shuts off again i hit the battery box nothing, wiggle the power wire nothing, wiggle the ground still nothing. moved where it was grounded, Everything came back on. So i went home bought a new ground, New power wire ,and new terminals. Checked and made sure all the bolts were tight made sure the ground area was clean and all. cars still doing it. Has any one had any similar problems or know what else the problem could be?
Old 02-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0
Default Re: Battery wiring problem.

Well you basically just told us that you need to relocate where it's grounded to...

PM me if you wanna bring it by, I'll get it straight for ya.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Did you scrap all the paint off the metal, where the ground is bolted? Basically did you make sure the ground is bolted to bare metal?
Old 02-13-2011, 09:59 AM
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by crxmadness
Did you scrap all the paint off the metal, where the ground is bolted? Basically did you make sure the ground is bolted to bare metal?
yepp.... like it didnt start doing this till after i installed my sub, But its grounded to a completely different place then the battery.