Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Back end "hops"

Old 01-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Only Godlike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuPa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Back end "hops"

Anyone know about this and how to fix it??

Spec:
2000 Chevy S10 Xtreme 2.2L
Old 01-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Banned

94 Teggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Back end "hops"

you mean wheelhop? or bouncy ride
Old 01-03-2005, 07:23 PM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough

my sonoma did the same thing after i lowered it 4 inches. a couple of turns and bumps might have ended terribly if i didn;t have a firm hold of the wheel. i dont want to say its what s10/sonomas do but they ride shitty stock and even shittier lowered. airbags would help but i dont know what youve done or havn;t done to ya truck
Old 01-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

All cars will hop when the (cheap) tires are trying their darndest to hook-up. There are suspension components designed to fight this...but I'm not sure you'll find them for your application. YOu should probably hop onto a Lightning forum...I imagine those guys have had to combat this (though maybe not since those things are fucking heavy bricks)...good luck.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

a lot of times it's because the bushings or whatever it is that holds the rear end in place binds up under a load (like a hard launch) and it's the tires catching traction and letting go again.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Banned

94 Teggy is an unknown quantity at this point

My dads dakota rt used to have hellacious wheelhop, poly bushings cured it all
Old 01-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Only Godlike

SuPa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MerF
All cars will hop when the (cheap) tires are trying their darndest to hook-up. There are suspension components designed to fight this...but I'm not sure you'll find them for your application. YOu should probably hop onto a Lightning forum...I imagine those guys have had to combat this (though maybe not since those things are fucking heavy bricks)...good luck.
Eh, its not cheap tires, I already know this, I got kumho tires

I'm going to have better bushings put in to see if this fixes the problem, thanks for the help guys!
Old 01-04-2005, 11:13 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by SuPa
I got kumho tires
If they're not MX's, they're the problem (if not the entire problem, the majority of it.) Generally speaking, every tire Kumho makes (with the exception of the MX series) is absolute horse-shit.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:05 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by spic
If they're not MX's, they're the problem (if not the entire problem, the majority of it.) Generally speaking, every tire Kumho makes (with the exception of the MX series) is absolute horse-shit.
I'd have to agree.