Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B20B with GSR head ITR cams. Will this work?

Old 05-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx
Default B20B with GSR head ITR cams. Will this work?

Im thinking about bolting a gsr head to a stock b20b i have with ITR cams. Should this build bolt right up or will i have problems with it? Can I please get some serious input here with some actual known facts?
Old 05-18-2012, 03:07 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: B20B with GSR head ITR cams. Will this work?

Originally Posted by Protrixx
Im thinking about bolting a gsr head to a stock b20b i have with ITR cams. Should this build bolt right up or will i have problems with it? Can I please get some serious input here with some actual known facts?
you need to get an LS-Vtec kit, head studs and the right head gasket...and a few other minor things but Yes it will work

by the ways it's called b20vtec and it is very common

try b20vtec.com
Old 05-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned

hatchboiracer is infamous around these partshatchboiracer is infamous around these partshatchboiracer is infamous around these partshatchboiracer is infamous around these partshatchboiracer is infamous around these partshatchboiracer is infamous around these partshatchboiracer is infamous around these partshatchboiracer is infamous around these partshatchboiracer is infamous around these partshatchboiracer is infamous around these partshatchboiracer is infamous around these parts

yeh b20vtec is legit. get a conversion kit Apr headstuds 84mm cometic hg and ur golden for a base all motor with hella torque
Old 05-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Registered member

mikejones002100 has disabled reputation

I've had issues with the cometic headgaskets..I'd recommend getting an OEM b20b headgasket from honda,ARP headstuds, and the golden eagle conversion kit..I've seen people use 6an braided line and fitting from the head to the oils sending unit and had no issues..But done be cheap get the conversion kit...Great motor with loads of TQ just cant rev very high but should be fine with a b16,Gsr,or ITR trans...
Old 05-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

I can't remember off hand, but with ITR cams and certain b20 motor's clearance can be an issue. Piston to valve clearance.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by hatchboiracer
yeh b20vtec is legit. get a conversion kit Apr headstuds 84mm cometic hg and ur golden for a base all motor with hella torque
Hella legit torque yo. Pit bull puppy hellaflush wiretuck freshness. Minty.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:11 PM
under construction

EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE EF_LOVE

I'm building a b20 vtec as well right now make sure you upgrade your valve train if your gonna run itr cams its not 100% needed just recomended as you could float a valve also if you plan on taking the motor past 7k I would suggest putting arp rod bolts in it there normally the first to go in those set UPS...on a second note pm me if you wanna get rid of those itr cams i got a set of gsr and ill throw some cash on top
Old 05-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx

That is the exact info i was looking for. Some people say they have had issues with valve clearance and others have had no problems. I got b20b and p72 the head is 1994. I want to know what the people that have problems have done different then the ones that have no problems. I want to know more about this clearance issue. Maybe they ran b20z which is higher compression?

Last edited by Protrixx; 05-20-2012 at 12:34 PM.