Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b20 vtec ???????

Old 04-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aacjohnc has disabled reputation
Default b20 vtec ???????

hello everyone

real quick question. looking for some feed back

im planing on doing a b20 vtec build . i already have the b20 in my car installed and running as a daily driver .i know what need to be done to make this build . my question is what type of head should i go with . si gsr itr ctr .... so many choices . so im looking for some feed back off what someone might have already done for this build and waht will be the most effective build and what parts work best for you on you build . i also want to know what didnt work out for you as far as parts . i know google it ... is always the answer from most of the people on here . well i dont want some ones post from ages ago from the internet . i want info that is up to date and what someone has personally done .

what im looking for out of this build is more top end . im capping out at 105-115 or so if that . can this be changed from another type of head ?

also my cap on reving is at 5.5 rpm on stock b20 . waht head should give me the best rpm ranged.

i would like to keep this build very cost effective as possible .
Old 04-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

streetbeat911 has disabled reputation
Default Re: b20 vtec ???????

do you have turbo in mind or all motor or just a daily driver like what you got now, but just with some vtec on the side?
Old 04-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

all motor is what im planning on.

Last edited by aacjohnc; 04-20-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:20 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Any head will do. DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU OTHERWISE.

You can get any head to flow the same.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Any head will do. DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU OTHERWISE.
True

Originally Posted by Jarrod
You can get any head to flow the same.
False. Unless welding is part of the labor
Old 04-20-2008, 07:55 PM
not a noob

JAvenger has disabled reputation

any head will work, try to find a head that has aftermarket goodies in it, and was refreshed with new seal. if not, i recommend refreshing any head you get.

if the bottom end is factory, i would not rev past 7500 rpms.
it can rev past that but it wont last very long as a daily driver.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:13 AM
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point

if i was you i would go with a b16 head. im just thinking about the aftermarket support. i know gsr heads are about the same but the intake is a little different. so i would go with a b16 head and get it ported. i think the itr and ctr heads are about the same but different in flow ratings. that is why i mentioned porting. because you can pick up a b16 head at a good price and have it ported to be better then the itr or ctr head. but the cams are the big thing. get some type r cams and make some really going power. but if you want to rev it up pretty good go and get the crank balanced and then get you a girdle. and arp rod bolts and you can rev to where you want it too.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute

im doing the same build now, ill be taking my b16a out and installing the b20 this weekend. now what noone is saying here and im kinda suprised is that the combustion chambers on the b16 are more desirable for this setup also that shaving the b16 head down as much as possible will yeild a good amount more HP, i plan on doing this also along with the Port&Polish, valves, valve job, cams, springs, bla bla all that good stuff, but make sure to research carefully about how much to take off because of the clearance. with the shaved head ive heard its easy to make over 200 whp and close to the same amount of torque. the response before this one is the cheapest/best way to go about the block if you want to rev to a good RPM for the head(9000 ).
Old 04-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by xeno
im doing the same build now, ill be taking my b16a out and installing the b20 this weekend. now what noone is saying here and im kinda suprised is that the combustion chambers on the b16 are more desirable for this setup also that shaving the b16 head down as much as possible will yeild a good amount more HP, i plan on doing this also along with the Port&Polish, valves, valve job, cams, springs, bla bla all that good stuff, but make sure to research carefully about how much to take off because of the clearance. with the shaved head ive heard its easy to make over 200 whp and close to the same amount of torque. the response before this one is the cheapest/best way to go about the block if you want to rev to a good RPM for the head(9000 ).
i wouldn't count on making anywhere near 200ftlbs of torque with a 200whp all motor honda
Old 04-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

santanard has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
i wouldn't count on making anywhere near 200ftlbs of torque with a 200whp all motor honda
x2 unless you have boost

Quick Reply: b20 vtec ???????