Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B20 swap question!

Old 01-16-2010, 12:43 PM
You know how I know?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch
Default B20 swap question!

Okay, so I plan on dropping a b20 in my 99 EK sedan. It is an EX with the original d16y8.

Questions:
-can I keep my power steering?
-what exactly do I need to keep my A/C?

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:31 PM
You know how I know?

broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch
Default Re: B20 swap question!

I know some of you gots the answer!
Old 01-17-2010, 06:03 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

I would assume that the del sol vtec a/c bracket will allow you to retain the a/c in the car. I am not 100% on the EK's. Also the p/s is a pain to make work. I know that you can, but it will not look like factory. I cannot remember what I did, but it was a combo of parts from the b20 and the EK's factory parts.

You cannot use the b20's pump because the hook is either larger or smaller than the ek's p/s line.

your best bet is to google it or go onto the b20 forums for a detailed write up.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:17 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Use a B-series supply line for the PS pump.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Registered Member

ricanking6490 has disabled reputation

me personally i would just take da power steering off...ur losing power wit dat on anyways...
Old 01-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Red is the new green

NoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ricanking6490
me personally i would just take da power steering off...ur losing power wit dat on anyways...
^^^ english dude....english...

yeah take the PS off you'll get a gazillion horsepower

dont take the power steering off....its a very small amount of power you would gain.
the last hatch my brother had put down 855whp WITH power steering and AC...

and use a b16 tranny if you got the cash...you'll thank me when you do.

my brothers old old way back in 1999 ek coupe had a stock b20 with b16 tranny (ctr) and was running 13.9's all day long at the track. only down side is you top out at 120mph....so good for all motor, bad for turbo.

and he had ac and power steering...
Old 01-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Blah Blah Blah

redhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these parts

The crv, ls, gsr or del sol bracket is used in b series swaps into 92-95 cars i know for fact. Maybe use the crv bracket or one from a 99-00 si for your paticular model. By all means keep your AC and PS i'm so tired of seeing peoples junk cars that they removed all of the accessories. Why put yourself through Virginia's humid summers with no AC and if you have ever had an lsd b series transmission with no PS you will hate yourself.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:56 AM
You know how I know?

Originally Posted by redhatch8u-up
The crv, ls, gsr or del sol bracket is used in b series swaps into 92-95 cars i know for fact. Maybe use the crv bracket or one from a 99-00 si for your paticular model. By all means keep your AC and PS i'm so tired of seeing peoples junk cars that they removed all of the accessories. Why put yourself through Virginia's humid summers with no AC and if you have ever had an lsd b series transmission with no PS you will hate yourself.
Haha, I'm with you all the way...
Old 01-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Registered member

AznXstazy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by redhatch8u-up
+1
Old 01-21-2010, 10:20 AM
You know how I know?

Originally Posted by NoTorque
^^^ english dude....english...

yeah take the PS off you'll get a gazillion horsepower

dont take the power steering off....its a very small amount of power you would gain.
the last hatch my brother had put down 855whp WITH power steering and AC...

and use a b16 tranny if you got the cash...you'll thank me when you do.

my brothers old old way back in 1999 ek coupe had a stock b20 with b16 tranny (ctr) and was running 13.9's all day long at the track. only down side is you top out at 120mph....so good for all motor, bad for turbo.

and he had ac and power steering...
Definitely, I've been trying to get a b16 tranny for a while, since I have had no luck, I've been willing to settle with a gsr tranny... we will see

Quick Reply: B20 swap question!