Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B20 in A 95 Ls Teg

Old 06-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Nudes or GTFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe
Default B20 in A 95 Ls Teg

Ok so the guy that I have putting my engine in will be throwing in a b20 in my 95 LS. My question is im about to order some parts for and and not sure how they will bolt in. My swap is going in tomorrow (why I posted this and still researching). I need to order/find headers and intake that will bolt in. Also what all must be changed out in order for this to happen?

Would this swap be worth it or should I just wait a week for the LS motor to get here and put that in?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

mattpowers has disabled reputation
Default Re: B20 in A 95 Ls Teg

stick w/ the b20. I believe you can order any b-series header and it should be fine.. and intakes are pretty generic too. The b20 is pretty much identical to the LS so anything that works for the LS will work for the B20 (bolt-on wise).
Old 06-18-2009, 09:30 PM
SG

C16EFSedan has disabled reputation

You need to use your old ls intake manifold to clear the hood i believe. the stock b20 one is wayy too tall. otherwise there identical engines with the b20 having a better flowing head and valvetrain and a bigger bore.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Nudes or GTFO

aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe

Did some research. Thank you guys for the help. B20 will be going into the car tommorow.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:07 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

and if you want some jdm itr headers ill HOOK YOU UP on the price.....
Old 06-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

=••= =••= =••= =••= =••= =••= =••= =••= =••= =••= =••=

Jacking the thread from ya bro, but I have a related b20 question. (sorry justin)

But will the b20 motor bolt up to a GSR transmission or would I have to get a different bell housing?
Old 06-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Blue, I'm Seein It

imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu

should bolt right up. i know the transmissions that came on the b20 had a bigger bell housing, to accommodate the size of the CR-Vs engine bay, but the bolt pattern is the same on the side of the block. I'll likely be using a GSR trans on my B20VTEC next spring.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by imcnblu
should bolt right up. i know the transmissions that came on the b20 had a bigger bell housing, to accommodate the size of the CR-Vs engine bay, but the bolt pattern is the same on the side of the block. I'll likely be using a GSR trans on my B20VTEC next spring.
Thanks for the info. Justin (aznlyfe) is a good friend of mine and he's talking me into doing a b20 setup but the car I was currently looking at has a GSR so I was curious.

When you do your swap, if you could, send me some info on how it goes as far as everything bolting up.

I might even get to it before you since you said next spring. So I might be able to give you some heads up.

Thanks again,

Brian
Old 06-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Blue, I'm Seein It

imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu

no problem, my good man. yeah, you'll likely beat me to it in the long run. money is tight on my end, and my build kind of got halted in its tracks about 2 months ago.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by imcnblu
no problem, my good man. yeah, you'll likely beat me to it in the long run. money is tight on my end, and my build kind of got halted in its tracks about 2 months ago.
I will hopefully start looking for a shell within the next few months.

I got laid off so I know what you mean about money tight, plus VA Unemployment is having fun bending me over.

Quick Reply: B20 in A 95 Ls Teg