Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B18A Tubo Build

Old 01-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the rough
Default B18A Tubo Build

(this is in refrence to a buddy of mine who has limited access to the internet along with limited knowledge of tuning cars... he has no real money limit and is looking to build a pretty decent DA Teg)

As far as pistons, rods and valve train. What company supplys the best components? Along with 300+ horsepower what turbo would be good to suit the needs of reaching this goal? Iv looked around for him and found alot of people talking about JE pistons along with Eagle rods... I know alot of honda tuners go with Skunk2 parts. Theres another brand I know of that I cant remember off the top of my head. I would be asking or looking at this subject on Honda-tech but work computer says fuck that. What engine management would be good for this application also. Injector size and so forth. Most of the kits hes looked at supply everything but the injectors and engine management. Also, after the collected parts are bought on his end, what shop is best to do the install/build? I know Millenium (s/p?) is always up there but are there any others? thanks for all the help dudes.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:17 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22
Default Re: B18A Tubo Build

Is he trying to keep the stock displacement?
Old 01-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

M1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the rough

yes
Old 01-08-2007, 08:37 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

My personal preferences:

PISTONS:
*Wiseco
*CP
*Arias
*JE (secondary choice)
RODS:
*Manley/Full-Race
*Crower
*Pauter
*Eagle H(secondary choice)

For 300-350whp, that is only a minor build IMO. I wouldnt even mess with the head, although it will reach the 300+ goal easier. It wont hurt it.

For turbos with that range of power, I dont ever recommend anything smaller than a T3T04 60/63 or 60-1. GT28RS is a kick ass turbo as well. For injectors, always go big to have room on the duty cycle. I recommend at least a set of Precision 680cc's or RC 750cc's. Dont be scared to go big with injectors, as long as the management can handle it. Most management these days can control all the way up to 1000cc's with no issues.

If you want to know prices, contact Boostfed.

Tuning wise, there are a few people around here who can do it. It is just a matter of what your comfort level is with them. One of my best friends does all my tuning on AEM EMS. For Hondata, Shad from Acuracy have never failed to amaze me. Also, for Hondata/CROME/Uberdata, contact MJ (Dyno Inc), sohc_mshue, or PrecisionAuto.

Tell your buddy that I can do the install. I can even do all custom pipings for a price that most shops cannot beat. Click on the link on my sig. Goodluck man.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Registered Member

will_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M1KeyC
I know Millenium (s/p?) is always up there but are there any others? thanks for all the help dudes.
I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say that Millenium is ALWAYS UP THERE. I'd contact thermal if I was you. You can use millenium if you want, but I wouldn't. That's a personal opinion only. thermal has done many custom jobs as well as helped me with many of mine. He does great work and comunicates well his design and plan. And contacting boostfed for parts would be the cheapest way for parts. boostfed parts and thermal labor. I don't think you could find a better combo!!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:59 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Originally Posted by will_rex
I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say that Millenium is ALWAYS UP THERE. I'd contact thermal if I was you. You can use millenium if you want, but I wouldn't. That's a personal opinion only. thermal has done many custom jobs as well as helped me with many of mine. He does great work and comunicates well his design and plan. And contacting boostfed for parts would be the cheapest way for parts. boostfed parts and thermal labor. I don't think you could find a better combo!!
Thanks Will. Nice Sig bro!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:11 AM
Registered Member

thanks, I shall contact said people.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

QUICKVIII has disabled reputation
Smile Re: B18A Tubo Build

Give us a call too! Brauning Motorsports. (804) 224-9530. We can assist you with your engine building needs!