Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B16a vtec problem

Old 07-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clutchn has disabled reputation
Exclamation B16a vtec problem

alright so i have a b16a with a chipped p28 ecu in my del sol. i just recently pulled the motor to put a new trans in, but im having a huge problem....

My vtec wont crack >

Its only throwing one code, code 6, for the ect sensor... so i went and replaced the sensor and it didnt fix it... its the one thats under the vtec pressure solenoid. the only thing im confused about is the plug that goes to the ect.... and the other plug next to it. the vtec plug under the solenoid...

How many wires are in each plug, which one goes to what sensor... and also, what pin numbers do the wires go to in the ecu harness, cause i think its a wiring issue so im just going to run it straight from the sensor/plug to the ecu harness. im going to buy new pins so i need to know which ones go where... the motor is obd0 with a obd1 dizzy and ecu. im pretty sure the harness is the stock one that was spliced into and i went back and soldered. PLEASE HELP ME OUT GUYS I MISS MY VTEC
Old 07-02-2011, 05:37 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: B16a vtec problem

change the fluid and you wont need the thread...also the vtec solenoid has a fliter on the end of it
Old 07-03-2011, 08:13 AM
Registered member

whatever, you guys dont wanna help then just get out the thread, and its not oil, im talking about the ect and the other plug under the vtec solenoid. how many wires do each of the plugs have and which one goes where, ones like a green plug and the others a black one, the black ones the ect. which ones are which and what pins in the harness to the ecu do they go in
Old 07-03-2011, 08:35 AM
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi

ECT 2pin round connector= green and red/white, green wire has 5v on it....VtPr 2pin round conn=(if factory) blue/black and black
Old 07-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by crasy87rexsi
ECT 2pin round connector= green and red/white, green wire has 5v on it....VtPr 2pin round conn=(if factory) blue/black and black
thanks man, yeah because im about to just run it straight from the connector and the sensor to the ecu pins and i just need to figure out which ones which and what wires go where. im so f****** confused
Old 07-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

hpmx18 has disabled reputation

[ATTACH=CONFIG]121961[/ATTACH]

make sure you have a p28 and not a non-vtec computer cause i seen this happen more then once where the case will say p28 but its either p06 or p75 n wasn't converted to vtec just fyi
Attached Thumbnails B16a vtec problem-wiring-vtec.gif  
Old 07-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered member

thanka man, it is a p28, i ordered a chipped p28 so i should be good
Old 07-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered member

but the only thing is that its throwing the ect (code 6) and thats the sensor on the side/front of the block
Old 07-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

WrenchinRyan has disabled reputation
Thumbs up Re: B16a vtec problem

That Diagram doesnt include what he needs, ECT is a required input for v-tec to work. The wire colors should be Green/White and Red/White, Red/white goes to pin D13 on the ecu connector, green/white connects with a series of shared grounds with other sensors that eventually go to SG2 pin D22. Easiest way to solve this is to get out an ohmmeter and check continuity from the connector at the ect down to the pin at the ecu, my guess is you have a broken wire or the pin isnt engaging in the plug correctly. Should be an easy fix. Hope this helps. GL
Old 07-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by WrenchinRyan
That Diagram doesnt include what he needs, ECT is a required input for v-tec to work. The wire colors should be Green/White and Red/White, Red/white goes to pin D13 on the ecu connector, green/white connects with a series of shared grounds with other sensors that eventually go to SG2 pin D22. Easiest way to solve this is to get out an ohmmeter and check continuity from the connector at the ect down to the pin at the ecu, my guess is you have a broken wire or the pin isnt engaging in the plug correctly. Should be an easy fix. Hope this helps. GL
Thank you so much, youre the only one that actually helped me, now i got another question for you... on a b16 there is a plug above the ect, im pretty sure its the vtps (i might be wrong with the name) now what pin does that go into. on a b16 (chipped p28) it WAS in D3 but when i looked that up thats for the knock sensor which is deleted in the ecu. where else whould it go???? its like a green plug/sensor thing. it is related to the vtec, but its not throwing any codes that its completely disconected.... weird. its only throwing code 6. maybe its not a vtec ecu? im so lost still....

Quick Reply: B16a vtec problem