Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b16a vacuum routing question

Old 09-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt
Question b16a vacuum routing question

I recently got a motor to replace my b16a that blew up, It was supposed to be a b16a complete longblock. Turns out it had a p72 head on it with some aftermarket make shift manifold. That's what I get for not checking shit lol. I have an issue with the vacuum routing, I only have one fitting on the intake manifold for the pcv valve. I am planning to run an obd2 ecu and I need to hook up the evap purge valve. Can I run a tee from the fitting on the intake manifold, then run one side to the pcv valve line and the other to the evap purge valve? I don't think this will cause any problems but just wanted some input.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed
Default Re: b16a vacuum routing question

Throw that ECU on the shelf, get an OBD1 ECU chipped for your set up, and run a catch can: problem solved, headaches avoided, performance increased.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Registered Member

crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt

Agreed, however this is my daily and this thing blew up on me the day I had just went down and paid a huge ass down payment for my wedding. So I need this thing back on the road with what I got if you know what I mean.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

00_civic757 has disabled reputation

IMO I would buy a stock em1/gsr/itr intake manifold and run in the proper way because the PCV valve is a spring-loaded valve with a specific orifice size designed to restrict the amount of air that's siphoned from the crankcase into the intake manifold. This is necessary because air drawn through the valve from the crankcase has a leaning effect on the fuel mixture much the same as a vacuum leak. So air flow through the valve must be controlled within certain limits. At idle, air flow is reduced because little blowby is produced. When the engine is cruising and vacuum is high, airflow through the PCV valve is at a maximum to purge the blowby vapors from the crankcase. So if u add another "vent" to that then its possible that it could cause too much air and blowby to enter the intake at one time and lean the air/fuel mixture too much and cause problems so like I said I would find a stock obd2 em1/gsr/itr intake manifold, run it the correct way, and get rid of that bullshit I/m u got now to save a headache later on down the time