Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b16a head onto a b18a block?

Old 03-28-2004, 04:28 PM
not a noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAvenger has disabled reputation
Default b16a head onto a b18a block?

is this possible, i have heard that it is, what needs and has to be done in order for me to put this b16a head on a b18a block? i'm currently odb0 in a civic dx, what wiring will ihave to do? thanks
Old 03-29-2004, 03:35 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: b16a head onto a b18a block?

yes, its called ls/vtec, you need to wire up a few things if your using your dx harness but most people just go ahead and get the vtec harness, also you need a vtec computer, a new intake manifold, and you can use your ls distributor and modify it or get a vtec distributor and either some machine work done or you can get a vtec oil adapter kit so you dont have to do any machine work, its a direct plug in with no drilling or tapping required so thats a little more practical if you ask me, campachino has more info on where to get it at.......and also remember just because you have a vtec head on your car doesnt mean you can rev to that 8k rpm+ redline, your bottom end is still an ls bottom end and if you go past 7k rpm your really pushing the limits of that thing,if you want to be able to rev that high and use the full capabilty of that head than i suggest you reinforce your rotating assembly as well, rods mainly, piston would be nice, i would get the crank balanced if your going higher than the stock rpm redline....

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 03-29-2004 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:54 AM
not a noob

JAvenger has disabled reputation

thanks bro, that helped a lot!
Old 03-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Droppin E-Thugs!!!!!

reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94

try gettin a gsr girdle main caps for better bottom end, baffle, oil pan, oil pick up screen, type r oil pump, ls head gasket,type r water pump, timing belt (gsr or type r) there the same, tap and plug the vtec oil passage on the head, rerun your vtec oil line from the back side, get gsr head bolts for better holding of the head, get a golden eagle vtec conversion kit (NO DRILLING), for 245.00 on ebay, or make one, run stock rods, and crank, and get higher comp pistons, p30 or ctr oversized for more power, and run more if you want more power, GOOD LUCK, I am building one right now, with a compression ratio of 12.4:1 complete after market parts........