Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B16 Transmission Problems

Old 03-11-2013, 06:16 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondaSOL has disabled reputation
Default B16 Transmission Problems

I have a 95 Civic coupe with a B18B1 motor connected to a B16 trans. Last night I was driving and it started making a funny noise. I wasnt at high rpms or anything was driving like a normal driver. I needed to make a turn so I pushed in the cluch and tried to go to 2nd but the shifter would not go to the side and now it is stuck. I am able to go into 3rd and 4th but not able to move to the side to go into any other gears or even reverse. What could this be? Is it the actual tranny itself? shift cables? or synchros? before this it was starting to grind going into 2nd and 3rd
Old 03-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Registered member

sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg
Default Re: B16 Transmission Problems

what kind of noise? If you cannot move the shifter side to side, it sounds like a problem with the shifter linkage. If you can move it around fine, but it's hard to go into gears then it would point to a clutch/transmission problem.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?
Default B16 Transmission Problems

What the above guy said. I would start by having someone help you look at the shift linkage. See if it appears to be moving oddly. Rarely the Fork will actually crack or break and cause this sort of problem.

If that doesn't solve your problem...I would just pull the tranny open it up and see what's going on. If it's a shifter fork/linkage issue you will know immediately. If it is an internal problem you would be better off scouring another b16,gsr or Ls trans. Best of luck!