Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b16 mods!

Old 03-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sidewinder20 has disabled reputation
Default b16 mods!

I just got a civic hatch with b16. What are some pretty inexspensive mods i can do to get a few more horses out of it?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

Str8EJ has disabled reputation
Default Re: b16 mods!

cold air intake.
free-flowing exhaust.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:13 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

depends on your version of inexpensive, all of these can be had for 300 and less= intake, header, type r intake manifold upgrade(or skunk 2), hondata intake manifold gasket, lightened flywheel, cheap nitrous kit, exhaust, gutted cat or hi flow cat, thinner headgasket to raise compression, get a vafc after all that and tune it a bit to keep cost down.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:18 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

nitrous!
Old 03-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

If you are just going to do very minor bolt ons I would just stick with intake and leave the rest stock.. do a bunch of suspension work, thats way more fun and actually gives benefit other than a buzzy sounding car that might give you 3 more hp lol..
Old 03-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Sidewinder20 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GaRn
If you are just going to do very minor bolt ons I would just stick with intake and leave the rest stock.. do a bunch of suspension work, thats way more fun and actually gives benefit other than a buzzy sounding car that might give you 3 more hp lol..
Cool. Well its aready got coilovers on it and there as low as it goes i mean i had to curl the fender under so they wont scrape my tires. So i guess like srut bars, sway bars? what else for the suspension.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sidewinder20
Cool. Well its aready got coilovers on it and there as low as it goes i mean i had to curl the fender under so they wont scrape my tires. So i guess like srut bars, sway bars? what else for the suspension.
Well I was just saying that the more you mod your car, the more uncomfortable it gets, rattles, jarry, etc, but if you can deal with the loud drone of an exhaust, go for it but it does get real old real fast..

Hmm more suspension work, some nice shocks would def help if you are dropped on coilovers and that low, your stock shocks are no doubtably dead. Maybe some short koni yellows. a nice solid strut bar, and brake work.. I dunno, I just did brakes/suspension first on my prelude before I went to the motor..

Last edited by GaRn; 03-29-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally Posted by Str8EJ
cold air intake.
free-flowing exhaust.
You're half correct.

I agree with what's posted above, have some fun enjoying the handling you can achieve vice the false sense of power you may get.