Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B16 just put in likes to run hot

Old 05-07-2003, 10:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMCriX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B16 just put in likes to run hot

i did a 88 crx dx with a 1st gen b16 sir motor and it really seems to want to drive and run hot even when i dont really get on it could it just be that im using the 88 crx stock radiator and that is just not cutting it or could it be my thermostat sticking pleaseeee help!!!
Old 05-08-2003, 08:28 AM

dohcEG is an unknown quantity at this point

make sure your fan is working. some people that i know have had problems witht the fan not coming on. if it doesnt its either the relay for the fan or a bad sensor.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:29 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

how hot does it get?.....past the middle marker or does it just keep climbing, also, most swaps into civic or crx's will run hotter than normal anyway because like you said, the radiator is to small,depends on how hot its running to say for sure.... ....
Old 05-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Registered Offender

Mr. Rooney is an unknown quantity at this point

thats wrong. i kept my eg radiator in my eg (eg radiator is small as ricky's dick). that shit ran cool. check all the components (fan switch wiring, thermostat). i like to hardwire my fans to ignition.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:34 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by shockerstickers
i like it hard
hey, were discussing radiator temperatures, not your likeness of cocks, get the hell out of here fag......... and he likes the shocker is prolly right, check your thermostat and such, just replace that shit and check back later........
Old 05-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you have the stock radiator from 88, it probably isn't as efficient as it could be anyway.. At least get a newer radiator from a different car or a new stock radiator for your car..
Old 05-08-2003, 04:34 PM

B18Boost is an unknown quantity at this point

Negative!! the radiator will be more than efficient for a stock B series motor swap...if temp decreases when heat is on HIGH and your on interstate...most lickely its the water pump not pumping enough coolant if your system is presurising such as hoses feel lick they are about to explode first change thermostate if that doesnt work its the headgasket....Make sure the fan is coming on FIRST
Old 05-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I'm really only taking about it's efficiency because of it's age and probable corrosion, etc.. Yes, a good condition CRX rad would work fine for a stock B16.. Thermostats are cheap though, try that first. If it's more than a few years old, replace it.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

sprack is on a distinguished road

jeff, take the car out for like a 5 minute drive and cut the heater on the highest heat setting and turn the fan on high...let me know if you are getting hot air.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Banned

JDMCriX is an unknown quantity at this point

still running hot fan seems to be kicking on alright engine oil is good and such but still hot could my thermostat "stick" as they say??? and if i want to buy a new thermostat should i buy a lower degree thermostat sorta like the spoon one ( i was thinking like 180 deg.) any suggestions on this or anything else

Quick Reply: B16 just put in likes to run hot