Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b16 EM1 tranny

Old 11-28-2011, 07:46 AM
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WaYtOoLoW has disabled reputation
Default b16 EM1 tranny

i have a b16 trans....EM1 .....3rd and 4th gear are GONE!......it would be cheaper to buy a new one than to have repaired correct? does anyone on here know how to repair them and have it be reliable?
Old 12-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts
Default Re: b16 EM1 tranny

Originally Posted by WaYtOoLoW
i have a b16 trans....EM1 .....3rd and 4th gear are GONE!......it would be cheaper to buy a new one than to have repaired correct? does anyone on here know how to repair them and have it be reliable?
Used transmissions go for about $500. But, then again, your taking a chance on the new transmission being in good shape. So with that said, it might be worth rebuilding, but your also going to need some new bearings and seals just for peace of mind. Along with the synchro's for those gears(assuming that is whats wrong with it).

Edit: I have rebuilt my own previously, they aren't too hard. Just have to be sure to follow all the steps properly.