Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B16 Crx Clutch install

Old 05-21-2004, 06:16 PM
i miss the lil guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFAsucks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B16 Crx Clutch install

hey has anyone here changed out a clutch from a B16A1 in a CRX. i only ask because i am wondering if there was enough room to get the tranny out with out having to tilt the whole enigne down. it would just be nice to have an idea how much crap im going to need to do. i tilted the engine with my brother's Ls turbo in a civic coupe when i was switching the clutches, but im not even sure i had to. If anyone could let me know before hand that would be a big help. getting that damn rear HASport mount in was a bitch when i first put it in. So if i can get away with not tilting the engine i will. but if not then i guess its better to know ahead of time. thanks
Old 05-21-2004, 08:12 PM
AKA DEATH TRAP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: B16 Crx Clutch install

All you have to do is pop the upper ball joints then take the radius rod out of the tranny side. swing the hub open.Then take the axles out on each side including the intermediate shaft.Drop the shifter . then take the bolt out of the tranny mount. next you have to take all the bolts out of the transmission.Then it should crack open then you're finished. Don't forget to torque the pressure plate down in the right pattern and to 19ft lbs. then you 're finished . Good luck I've done it a alot of times .