Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b series pull out

Old 12-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sive ick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default b series pull out

ok well ive never messed with b series untill now,usually just single cam d series,so i was wondering the best tips on removing the block, for example

removing alternator? the rear mount looks like a pain to maneuver with.
pretty much im just asking for quick removal ideas.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:17 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: b series pull out

are you trying to take the motor out ? taking the motor out is not different than a d series really, lining all the mounts up is just the same as well. if your trying to replace the alternator on the car than you will have to take some extra steps.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:18 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

The motor is removed the same as a d series. No need to pull the alternator off. Disconnect all wire connections from motor (or shock tower connections), disconnect exhaust, remove bitch pin from shift linkage (use punch), rear motor mount bolt, other mount bolts, Radiator, and axles and your done. I've actually pulled motors without removing axles from the hub...just remove the castle nut from the front hub assembly and pull out/place to the side. It can be done in 30minutes, but if your not used to it, maybe 2 hours.

**Label all your wires and hoses**
Old 12-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Banned

oh no ive pulled several d series,but my cars didnt have,power steering,abs and all the added stupid crap that gets in the way,so i pulled the anternator off just so it could bang the hell out of my master cylinder while the tranny bangs the hell out of my abs cyliner thing.Not really worried about it now,my torque wrench snapped trying to remove the axles nuts(torque wrench was set to 150 ft pnds or torque and still wasnt enough.so now that is my only problem,i had planned to pull the motor out my self and well doesnt seem very likely now.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:44 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

The only difference is the axles. B-series has a mid shaft. D-series doesnt. There are 3 14mm bolts holding the mid shaft in place. Save and label those bolts, since they are different from any of the 14mm bolts you'll see. Goodluck.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:20 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

DUDE, you don't use torque wrenches to remove bolts...EVER. Don't try to tighten anything with the same wrench now...its ruined. (even if it didn't snap first)
Old 12-29-2006, 02:21 PM
All-Motor Street Car

Originally Posted by thermal
The only difference is the axles. B-series has a mid shaft. D-series doesnt. There are 3 14mm bolts holding the mid shaft in place. Save and label those bolts, since they are different from any of the 14mm bolts you'll see. Goodluck.

good advice Arnel...its very hard to find those mid shaft bolts.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JayDM
DUDE, you don't use torque wrenches to remove bolts...EVER. Don't try to tighten anything with the same wrench now...its ruined. (even if it didn't snap first)

delete

Last edited by sive ick; 12-29-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:38 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by sive ick
what do you suggest i use,a tire iron come on now

TORQUE WRENCHES ARE NOT FOR REMOVING BOLTS. they are not made to work in reverse. they are not called REVERSE TORQUE WRENCHES, they only work one way, they do however make a thing called A BREAKER BAR which is alot cheaper, and smarter to use. most 3/8th's torque wrenches dont go past 125 ft lbs. and most axle bolts are put on with way more then that so trying to remove one with a wrench whose specific purpose is to tighten in the opposite direction is assanine. and yes, do what jaydm said, throw it away and never try to tighten anything to spec again with that, getting that thing recalibrated is probably a waste of time so buy a new one and never use it to tighten again.....but if for some reason you have a fetish with using a torque wrench to remove bolts,find a specialty one thats made for left hand tightening threads to remove the regular threaded ones,better yet, DONT, just use a breaker bar/pipe/impact gun something other than a torque wrench. and you probably shouldnt be a smart ass when your asking for help to remove a motor while using a torque wrench to loosten axles nuts.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 12-29-2006 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:12 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Breaker bar FTW. My accord came from up in Penn. snow=saltyroads= alotta rust. I used a breaker bar while have my lil bro step on the brakes to it doesnt slip(just because its in gear doesnt mean its not gonna move as some people will say) then it came right off

Quick Reply: b series pull out